Monday, December 18, 2017

Magical Unicorn Long Run

I should've know that when I had the worst run ever, followed by hash tagged messages in the snow, that a magical unicorn run was just around the corner. That's just the way it works. When you have what feels like, the worst run of your liiiiiife, 9 times out of 10 the perfect one is just around the corner.

But honestly, it's been awhile since I've had a legit shitty run, so I forgot about this magical equation.

Then SUNDAY. We had our 12 mile long run. I woke up and could not get myself out of bed to get the run done before work, so I texted the BRF to let her know she could go without me, or I could plan a route after work. Without skipping a beat, she agreed to run after work.

THANK GOD.

I planned out a route and warned her that it looped by my work twice, and to mentally prepare for that. I know that for me, when a long run is feeling rough, or I'm just getting tired, I could easily be tempted to call it a day on the first loop around. When in actuality we went by my work place 3x. Oops.

But the miles flew by. I couldn't believe how quickly our watches were beeping another mile complete. When we finished 12 miles, I seriously contemplated doing another 3 because it felt so good.

Maybe I'll turn into a long run lover just yet.


No comments: