Thursday, December 28, 2017

F^3 Lake Half Marathon Training Week 5

Week of December 18-24

Monday PlannedRecovery run 5 miles
Monday Actual: Recovery run 5 miles. Through all the Christmas lights we go. I was shocked at how great I felt the day after a long run.




Tuesday PlannedLT 9 miles 38 minutes at LT
Tuesday Actual: Due to some wacko schedules this week, there was no time for Toni and I to do our tempo run together. And the thought of running 9 miles solo with LT paces was enough to make me want to skip. So I opted for 6 total. And it was awesome. I hit 4.3 ish for the tempo distance. Felt good to do a hard workout solo and nail it!





Wednesday Planned: Endurance 10 miles
Wednesday Actual: Endurance 8 miles. After looking at our schedule for the week, I decided that I really wanted to do a short recovery run on Sunday, so we shaved a couple of miles off of Wednesday night's run to make that happen. Which is good. I was getting sick of running during run #2 of 4 miles after yoga. Ugh.



Thursday Planned: Rest

Thursday Actual: Rest

Friday Planned
GA + Speed 5 miles 10x100
Friday Actual: I did not sleep Thursday night, so I skipped the coffee run. I regretted it all day. Womp.

Saturday PlannedEndurance 13 miles, increase effort last 3 miles @ LT pace
Saturday Actual: 13.1 miles for fun! Through the ice snow and -2 degree temps. Toni and I didn't run together, but we did run our long runs in the exact amount of time, down to a 13 second differential. We couldn't do this if we tried, honestly.






Sunday PlannedRecovery 3 miles 4x100
Sunday Actual: Recovery 5 miles in -9 degrees. Hit 1100+ miles for the year!





Total Mileage Planned: 40 Miles
Total Mileage Actual: 37.1 miles 

No comments: