Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Spring Half Marathon Training Week 4

Monday PlannedGA 5 miles
Monday Actual: 5 miles around town in the falling snow and covered roads/sidewalks.





Tuesday Planned:
 GA 4 miles
Tuesday Actual: Super cold, windy and -15 degree windchill temps. So I took a rest day.


Wednesday Planned:  LT 8 miles, 20 minute LT, 4 min recovery jog, 16 minute LT
Wednesday Actual
LT 8 miles, 20 minute LT, 4 min recovery jog, 16 minute LT. Such a challenging run mentally, but I nailed my paces and then some. Wahoo!



Thursday Planned
 GA+Speed 7 miles 10x100
Thursday Actual: We got a pretty significant amount of snow starting in the afternoon which wiped out the chance of a run after work. Womp womp.


Friday Planned: Recovery 4 miles
Friday Actual
GA+Speed 8 miles 10x100 by myself (wah!) around town in the snow. Three loops around town later....




Saturday Planned: Rest
Saturday Actual: Recovery 4 miles. I somehow managed to drag my butt outside at 9pm to do my recovery miles, solo. Amy Cragg's Tokyo Marathon performance was certainly the inspiration. Amazing.





Sunday PlannedEndurance 13 miles
Sunday Actual: Unofficial Jeroni Half Marathon. Through all the ice and slush and the miles flew by.







Total Mileage Planned: 40 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  39.12 miles. I REALLY wanted to run an extra mile on the long run to hit 40, but didn't.... because of all the ice and it being dark.

No comments: