Monday, August 31, 2009

August in Review + Fall in August?

After checking the weather report before going to bed last night, I was kicking myself for not bringing running tights.  44 degrees at 6am?!?!  Um, that's cold.  It is still August, no?  When the alarm went off at 4:30am I felt like I hadn't even slept yet (damn you iced latte I drank at 2pm!!!)  I decided that I would attempt to get some shut eye, and would fore go Tay's softball awesomeness for the week and run after work.

What a beautiful day!  I may complain about the hot/humid of the summer and the cold/icey/snowy/windy of the winter, but I love me some fall!  And it definitely felt like fall.  The air had that crisp feel to it, and it was a perfect 69 degrees after work.  My legs definitely felt like I ran a half marathon on Saturday so I took it NICE and easy.  The first mile was a bit fast at 9:30, so I slowed it down, with miles 2-4 in the 9:45 range.  As always, the legs get restless, so the last 2 miles were around 9:30 again.  I ended with a pace of 9:36-9:38 (I looked at Garmin, but forgot exactly what it is, plus I forget to bring it with me to blog, wah wah).  
_________________________________________________________

August in Review

Total Mileage: 136.6 an increase from 130.4 last month. It probably would've been closer to 150+ but I skipped a few runs. Whoopsies.

Time spent:  21:09:52 Whoa, I almost spent a day running this month.  That's pretty cool.

Number of runs: 20.  2 Less than last month.  Eh.

Average run distance: 6.83

Highest weekly mileage: 35.8 this past week.

Favorite run: Mock half marathon. The run felt good, I finally broke the elusive 2 hour mark, and it got me way excited about the real thing in 13 days (but who's counting?)

Most Hardcore run(s): Three way tie between the 3 legs of the WWR. #1, #2, & #3. Altitude, hills (aka mountains), and in some cases wind. Uff da.

Favorite race: Wild West Relay. Duh! Not quite a race, but the closest thing to it this month.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that graph! helloooo RW Log. LOVE. I'm about to go look over mine - haven't "reviewed" it yet ;)

Nice monthly stats chick! Glad your temps are pleasing you - we got down to 70 yesterday and it honestly felt a little coooool. good stuff

J said...

I love that graph. visual examples of running make me feel more accomplished. Great job on August! That is a ton of miles!

Anonymous said...

I have the Garmin 305 and I have no idea how to make graphs or such.. is that something you made or that the software did?

Great runs - 21 hours running! Yikes!

Mica said...

Nice month (or should I say almost one day straight!) of running!

Fall running in the best! Though I'm kind of freaked out by this cold snap and don't know what to wear.

No Longer Using said...

i love the summaries. i need to stop being lazy and just do this for myself! cuz i always enjoy reading other's!!! :) nice work in august, too!!!! and favorite race= what an experience for you!!! these things are must-do's always nice to have memories!

Susan said...

Ohh I wonder if I've ran for an entire day in August...I'll have to check!

I'm totally with you on the fall thing...I love how much speedier I feel when the temperatures drop!