Saturday, September 4, 2010

Last Long Run

On my bike ride earlier this week, I saw Miss Angie logging some serious miles.  Over facebook that evening, we lamented that our training cycles are almost done and we have yet to run with each other.  We decided to change that on Saturday when I had 12 miles planned and she had 10.  Yay!  Angie is a seriously awesome runner and a fabulous gal, so I was super excited.


I woke up to some serious stomach issues and hoped that they wouldn't hold us back for the run.  Mental note:  chips and queso break the "no dairy 24 hours before races/long runs" rule.  Idiot.  Anywho, when I stepped outside it was a cold brisk 45 degrees = heaven.  The miles seriously flew by.  We discussed life, our jobs, her adorable kids, her BQ plans (hopefully for the Twin Cities Marathon in October!), our high school running ventures, and a ton of other stuff.  Before I knew it we were a mile from being done, and she suggested I keep going rather than having to stop and then finish the remaining 2 miles on the same route I just ran.  Apparently running + talking is difficult for me, because as soon as we split, my mile times were faster.


I did 12 miles in 1:53:49 for a pace of 9:30.
1. 9:32 
2. 9:33 
3. 9:41 
4. 9:35 
5. 9:31 
6. 9:33 
7. 9:42 
8. 9:37 
9. 9:29 
10. 9:21 
11. 9:22 
12. 8:47




I wanted to update you on my Project 365.  I created a mosaic with all of my photos for August.  Check out that blog if you wish. :)




Also, I got an award from the sweetheart/preggo runner girl Zoe!  To be honest, I'm kind of upset I got this award, only because I've been craving cupcakes since she posted it!  Now if the award came with cupcakes I would have no complaints. :p

This is how the award works:


#1. Answer this question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?

#2. Pick 6 people and give them this award. Then inform them that they received an award.

#3. Thank the person who gave this award to you!

#1.  This is a tough question.  There's honestly nothing I would change.  Yes there are some minor things I would probably do differently but every adventure and experience has morphed me in to the lady that I am today.  Lately I've been jammin' out to Katy Perry's Teenage Dream (as I previously mentioned) and the line from the song that I'm obsessed with is "No regrets; Just love."  New motto.

#2.  Susan - Nurse on the Run
Heather - Junk Miles

#3.  Thanks Zoe for this super cute and mouth watering award. :p

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the second person to tag me and I still don't know what to say!

Dairy and running do not mix. Ask me about my bad gelato experience.

On second thought, don't.

Anonymous said...

wow..the project looks cool...very cool...hope all is well..been a minute for moi....

KovasP said...

Nice long run. No dairy? How do you explain the cupcakes then? :)

Jamie said...

thanks for the tag! and I've been following your 365. I love it so far!

Nice job on the long run. I'm sure the miles flew by with your friend!

Unknown said...

Great post and great run too. You are doing good.

zbsports

Susan said...

I'm clearly behind in blogland...thanks for the award!! I'll repost it soon. :)

I love running with people as a way to catch up...it makes the miles flyyyy by! We should run together sometime...we could do ultras! :)