Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sioux Falls Half Marathon Race Goals

It's that time of year again:  my favorite race!  This year marks the 6th consecutive year of running the Sioux Falls half marathon.  Without further adieu, I give you my race goals:

Goal C:  PR.  My current PR is 1:52:42.  It should be a given to "hulk SMASH" this time goal.

Goal B:  Sub 1:50.  I broke 2 hours last year at this race, so it'd be very apropos to say goodbye to the 1:50s at the same race.

Goal A:  1:48:xx.  When I had originally started my training for this race, I had thought 1:45 would be ballsy and bad assed enough to pursue.  Somewhere along the way I psyched myself and started focusing on 1:48.  I know I should be able to break 1:50, but I don't want to be content in coming in just under.  Secretly, I want to run a 1:48:33 which is Jenn's current PR, because we constantly joke that we are the same runner. ;)


This week has been spent getting in some slow short miles.  I sometimes struggle getting out the door when I have 8 tempo miles on the schedule, but 3-4 easy?  No problem.  I heart mini-half marathon tapers. :)

I did a stellar 4 miles in a steady downpour of rain and loved every minute of it.  I wore a hat so I could do without the rain pelting me in the eye, and had a blast.  [Random note:  I was a lifeguard for....7-8 years?  And hated swimming with my face in the water.  I hate getting it wet, what can I say?  Don't ask what this says about my future budding tri career. :p]  It was very refreshing to return home, drenched, but not by my own perspiration, and by the elements instead.

This morning I hit the bike path for an eas 3 miles.  The cool temps are making me so stinkin' happy.  The wind, however, is making me want to line my pockets with heavy rocks.  When it was time to turn around on the trail, I wanted to keep going!  Ooooh just realized the next time my feet hit that part of the trail I'll be rounding out the final mile and a half of my half.  Bring it.
Check out the trifecta of CSN giveaways, like whoa:

Evolving through Running

Shut up and Run

Emz

Oh, one more thing.... GO SAINTS. ;)

16 comments:

Q said...

Great goals! Good luck at your race. :-)

Penelope said...

you got this! you totally got this!

Unknown said...

Nice goal, wishing you more success on that. Keep up the good race!!!

zbsports

Susan said...

And once you run a 1:48 half, you can certainly run a 3:40 marathon with me at your side! :)

Quinton J said...

GOAL "A" ALL THE WAY! Stay calm and relaxed for the first 6 miles and then pounce on the race like a tiger. Good Luck

Dwayne said...

Get after it! Hope to see a 1:45 race report next week!

And +1 on the cool temps. I feel SO much faster right now than I did a few weeks ago when it was in the upper 80s.

J said...

Good luck this weekend!! Hope you have a great race!

Jen Feeny said...

You are totally going to rock this girl!!!

Teamarcia said...

good luck and have fun out there--cannot wait to hear about your new PR!

KovasP said...

How cool you're going sub-1:50! Very impressive.

Jamie said...

Good luck this weekend! You are going to rock that A goal!

The un-Zen Runner said...

I have a feeling you're going to walk away with 1:48:32. Your friend will be robbed by 1 second. Awww bittersweet. :)

Mica said...

Woohoo, that's an awesome list of goals. I'd be happy with any of them! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

1:48 is YOURS!
Text me after!!

Julie said...

Good luck Jeri! You are going to rock it! I have a good feeling about this one:)

Anonymous said...

I hope the race is going well b/c you're running right now! or you're done, but haven't updated your Twitter (stalker alert, I checked) ;) Go, Jeri, GO!