Saturday, September 18, 2010

This run powered by GLEE

I have a confession:  I'm kind of obsessed with Glee.  And Finn Hudson.  Ok, mostly Finn Hudson.  My co-worker convinced me to watch Glee and it's amazing.  And then she gave me some CDs to listen to.  And then I uploaded them to my iPod for my morning run.  And it was perfection.  The only way it would've been better is if Cory Monteith would've been running along side me crooning in my ear.  Oh, and if my knee wouldn't have felt all weird.  Yes.  That would've been nice too.

I had my first legit run of marathon training (since Wednesday's easy 3 miler was just to make sure that everything was still in working condition) of 6 miles.  It was a chilly 50 degrees so I got to wear my favorite shorts and long sleeved combo.... I knew as soon as I put it on that Aron would be jealous.... ;)  I tried to keep the pace easy, but it seemed that when I was running slower my knee felt funny.  Like there was a ton of pressure directly under the knee cap as well as the area below the knee cap.  When I stopped to stretch to see if it needed to pop it HURT instead.  When I started running again it felt fine.  Of course when I was done running it hurt again.  Perhaps I just need to run everywhere to keep the pain at bay.  I'll be chilling with an ice pack for the next couple of days to be on the safe side.

I did 6 miles in 58:41 for a pace of 9:47.

Of course after I logged my miles in my running log, I realized I was at 999.4 for the year.  :p  Perhaps I could've just gone that extra .6 because I guarantee that I'll forget I'm running my thousandth mile for the year when I set out on my long run Sunday.  Hah.

Check out Jessica's giveaway!

9 comments:

Mike said...

50 degrees sounds amazing. Pretty sure it was in the 90s when I ran earlier!

On your next couple runs, you can find comfort in the fact that Glee returns on Tuesday! :)

Andrew Opala said...

pain sucks ... great total mileage ... I just need to do a few more to feel I've succeeded this month ... my first race is less than a week away!

Susan said...

You're a GLEEK! I live it...excited for the new season!

Silly injuries...what's that about?? Stay away!

Julie said...

I am a huge Glee fan too! We have the first two seasons on DVD:) I love it!

Jamie said...

I love Glee! I also have a bunch of their songs on my shuffle. Can't wait for the new season for some more running songs!

Heather said...

I love the cooler running weather - finally!

Are you excited for the return of HIMYM tomorrow??? :)

Aron said...

definitely jealous :)

Anonymous said...

These fall temps are just rockin' my world. It's so great to wear long sleeves :]

I hope that knee feels better!!

..:danielle:.. said...

love being a gleek :)