Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Weekly Reads: Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss is a Young Adult read that's been sitting on my "to be read" shelf for-ev-er.  I snagged it from the library on audiobook a couple of weeks ago, and thanks to some back and forth driving for the SDLA library conference I got through it quicker than I normally do.

Anna is a senior in high school who is sent to Paris for boarding school for her final year.  Magnifique, no?  Wrong.  She's leaving behind her best friend, her little brother, and her movie theater crush slash pseudo boyfriend.  And to top it all off, she doesn't know any french.

She makes a handful of friends, including an adorable British guy, Etienne St. Claire.  The trials and tribulations she goes through in her senior year are similar to problems every 18 year old encounters, but at least she's lucky enough to go through them in grand Paris!  Oui oui!  But is she able to be lucky in love as well?  Find out in Anna and the French Kiss, either in audio or regular print (an audiobook has to be really good for me to recommend it, FYI.  I usually refer back to the book after a disc because of bad narration), and then pick up the two remaining books in the series!

My rating:  4/5 stars

No comments: