Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Weekly Reads (Listens): Yes Please

 PSA: If a funny person publishes a book and THEN happens to be the person to narrate said audiobook, please do yourself a kind and listen to the audiobook. Buy the book too if you must, but there's just something oh so special about hearing their written words coming straight out of their damn funny mouths.

I waited for the audiobook of Amy Poehler's new book Yes Please to come in at the library for me. It took much longer than the hardcover book, but it was worth the wait. I learned her name is pronounced Polar, not Peeler, and also I'm a moron for thinking that the 'o' would somehow be silent and the 'e' would take on a long vowel sound, but whatever. The book was hilarious. And honest. And I somehow love Amy Poehler even more than I already did.

My rating: 4 stars

Summary from goodreads:

In Amy Poehler’s highly anticipated first book, Yes Please, she offers up a big juicy stew of personal stories, funny bits on sex and love and friendship and parenthood and real life advice (some useful, some not so much), like when to be funny and when to be serious. Powered by Amy’s charming and hilarious, biting yet wise voice, Yes Please is a book is full of words to live by. 

No comments: