Monday, September 24, 2018

Late Fall Race Plans

It's that time in the goal training cycle where I can't help but think about other races. It helps take my mind off of the crazy that is running 26.2 miles. Why do we do this?!?

There are some fun shorter races that I would like to do to close out the last few months of 2018, assuming my legs recover in a timely fashion after 26.2 miles. Did I mention I'm running 26.2 miles soon?!?! UFF DA.

10/27 Trick or Treat
5k/10k I'm not sure what distance I'd do. It'll depend how I'm feeling, I think. I'd like to run a strong 10k, but I think that might be a stretch.

11/11 Christmas Tree Dash
There is a 3 mile, 2 mile, and 1 mile distance for this race. I don't know what distance I'll run, but I don't think I want to do a 3 mile. The parks and rec "5ks" are typically 3 miles, so I'd be curious what I could run in the other two distances. I always have to work this race weekend, so I'd be excited to give it a go!

11/24 Banquet 10k
Until last year, I had never ran this race. It was so great last year, and so cool to see so many families come together to donate money to the banquet before spending the rest of their holiday together. I think I can run a pretty speedy 10k by this time, and might be a good indicator of how my December half will shake out!

12/9 Dallas Half Marathon
I'm so excited to get back down south and run this race and spend some time with Dominique. She's the best running friend, and I wish she lived closer so we could be less virtual running buddies and more IRL running buddies!

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

There is also the Reformation Ninety 5K in your town on the 27th. 😉