Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Twin Cities Marathon Training Week 10

Monday Planned: GA 6 miles
Monday Actual: 6 GA V. HILLY miles. I regretted giving Chris the green light to plan a route on ALL OF THE HILLS. He also regretted that as he just came back from hiking 100+ miles the previous week. Uff da. But we made it! Barely.




Tuesday Planned: Rest
Tuesday Actual: Rest + Massage. Sweet sweet massage.




Wednesday Planned VO2 Max 8 miles 5x600m @ 5k
Wednesday Actual: 3 Recovery Miles with Kristin, and then we hung out at the store to listen to a panel of runners talk about racing and the Sioux Falls races that are upcoming. Kristin enjoyed some nuun like a good responsible human, and I had two glasses of an IPA from Woodgrain. What's better than running and beer you guys??





Thursday Planned Rest
Thursday Actual: I split up Wednesday night's run to attend the talk, so that left me with 5 miles with 
5x600m @ 5k. I went to the track solo after work and had to wait 25 minutes for football practice to be over. Ugh. Once it was my turn, I was excited to get after it, even though I was solo. I set my phone up for some pictures on the laps, so that was entertaining afterwards. Ha. My splits were strong and fairly consistent except for one when there was an audience and at one point I was running a 6:46 pace. Oops. Hah.







Friday Planned: Recovery 4 miles
Friday Actual: 4 recovery miles at the coffee run. I was so thankful that Emily agreed to run some miles with me, since I knew I needed to take them easy with 17 the next day!





Saturday Planned: Long run 17 miles
Saturday Actual: Long run 17 miles. Oh cut back week, in what world is 17 miles an easy long run? I spent the whole week saying I *only* had 17 miles to run this weekend. Well damn it if that isn't still almost a 3 hour run. Uff da. It felt pretty good, until the last few miles. We did a much better job of keeping it moving, only stopping for one quick potty break and two quick water refills. I didn't want to pick it up at the end of the run since I know next week's miles will be hard, but a quicker effort made my body feel a little better, so there you have it.






Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: Rest + core work + foam rolling.


Total Mileage Planned: 35 miles
Total Mileage Actual:  35.13 miles

No comments: