Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Twin Cities Marathon Training Week 11

Monday Planned: GA 6 miles
Monday Actual: 5 Recovery miles. Again, I don't think I was really paying attention to the 17 mile long run during the cutback week when finalizing my training program. Apparently I thought I wouldn't need a nice easy recovery run after that long run, but I did, so I flip flopped Monday and Tuesday's miles and slowed this waaaaaaay down.





Tuesday Planned: GA 5 miles
Tuesday Actual: GA 6 miles with Chris. I tried to bail on the run, or at the very least bail on running it with Chris but he wouldn't let me. Which is good. A good run on a bad day is always a good idea.





Wednesday Planned VO2 Max 9 miles 5x1k @ 5k
Wednesday Actual: 4 miles recovery at the group run with Kristin and then 5 miles at the track with 
5x1k @ 5k. I had some discomfort in my right hip but still managed to run really speedily.





Thursday Planned Recovery 5 miles
Thursday Actual: Unplanned rest day. I had some discomfort in my right hip, so I opted to take a rest day instead of my recovery run. An epsom bath and icing. As well as POWER in the early a.m.


Friday PlannedRest
Friday Actual: Recovery 4.1 miles at the coffee run. Thank goodness I couldn't run on Thursday so I could do my coffee run!





Saturday PlannedShakeout with strides 5 miles
Saturday Actual: Shakeout 5.5 miles with zero strides because I decided I should do them Sunday in my warm up miles (spoiler alert: I didn't do that either).






Sunday Planned: MP Long run (Sioux Falls Half) 18 miles with 13 at MP
Sunday Actual: 5 miles and 13.17 miles!





Total Mileage Planned: 48 miles
Total Mileage Actual: 48 miles

No comments: