Saturday, September 12, 2009

Race Goals + Yup, I Like Green

Race day is almost upon us folks.  Are you as nervous and excited as I am?  I hope not, because that would be we-ird.  :)

Race day outlook:  Patchy fog.  Temp ranging from 54-64 degrees from 7-9am.  Humidity ranging from 75-100%.  Swawesome.  (Sweaty+Awesome).  Wind, light 4 mph whisper.  Delightful?  Yes.  Covered in sweat/mist post-race.  Absolutely.

I laid out all my race clothes Friday night after work so I would have one less thing to worry about.  Then, I committed the cardinal sin, I grabbed my socks to wear out last night.  Silly girl.  So even though they aren't represented in the picture, they will be present on race day.  You may be thinking to yourself, my God, does this girl like green or what?  The answer would be, duh.  I figured I'd start with the sleeves and wear them for the first 3 ish miles, until I run into the loverboy.  I can then shed down into the tank top to continue on soaking it with my sweat.  I did learn my lesson after last years (or actually two years ago) when I didn't realize I'd need to ditch my top layer, I spent a good 1/2 mile unpinning my bib from my top layer and re-pinning to my bottom layer WHILE RUNNING.  We can blame that for my slow times, right?  :)  This year I'll be putting my bib on my shorts.  Should be interesting.  Or maybe I can just put it on my tank because there won't be a photog until the 5 mile point anyway.

Also, I will be sporting my Green Bay Packers sweat band throughout the race, per usual.  GO PACK GO!

Race Goals:  Um..This is somewhat tricky.  As I've mentioned before, I've always been chasing the elusive 2 hour time limit.  Technically, broke that in a training run, so I know it's doable and need to revamp my goals.
Goal D:  Faster than 2:07.  My current PR.  
Goal C:  Break 2 hours after 5 years of trying.
Goal B:  Run at a pace of 9 minute miles.  1:57 and some change.
Goal A:  Run an 8:45 minute mile pace.  1:54:37 (at the slowest).

I also have a super secret insanity level goal that will be a game time decision if I want to try to do.  If all the planets align, I think I could run it, but I will reveal that post-race.  If I don't succeed it will definitely be my goal for the Dallas White Rock half.  I just don't want that to be my ultimate goal and be bummed that I didn't get it after a VERY successful round of training.

Alright, if anyone is in Sioux Falls, and wants to cheer a lady on, look for the chica in green and tell her to get her booty in gear!  

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

GOOD LUCK girl :) Green is def mah fave color by far tooo!

Jamie said...

Good luck girl! I have no doubt you'll be hitting your A goal and even beating it based on all your training! Kick some ass!

I'm a huge green fan too! Although now I know you are a packers girl not sure we can be blog friends anymore :) go bears!

No Longer Using said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

i love your race outfit :) "the answer is duh"= lol.

i can't believe that about unpinning-re-pinning during a race!!!!!!! the things we learn along the way... i mean no one TELLS you these things up front!

Cindy said...

good luck!!!! i can't wait to hear about it. i have multiple goal levels (including the secret one) too. i hope you got to hit your super secret goal!

Nicci said...

Good Luck with the race, can't wait for the recap!

Jules said...

You rocked it girl! Blew that PR right out of the water!! Good job!

Anonymous said...

I love the Lay-out-race-stuff process - it always gets me pumped up! Can't wait to read about the RUN!