Sunday, September 6, 2009

That's a LOT of Cleavage for a 12 mile run!

Happy Labor Day weekend kiddos!  I was at work Friday morning trying to figure out when I was going to fit in my long run for the weekend, when my runner-co-worker suggested that I run it after work.  A long run on a Friday night?  Could I be such an anti-social loser (JK!)?  Why yes, yes I can be.  Especially if it means sleeping in on Saturday.  It was a high of 72 on Friday, so I knew it would be perfect around 5ish for a long run.  And it would ensure that I would be OUT once bed time rolled around.  Thanks co-worker, you're so sa-mart.  :)

I started out on the long run by 5:30pm and had a completely different strategy for this long run compared to the rest.  Every long run up to this I've ran it in the same way I'm planning on running the race.  I also tried to end up with a 9 mm pace in those runs.  Since I know I can do a 9 mm pace for the race, I don't need the confidence builder that I was looking for on the previous runs.  That means, let's run this 12 mile at whatever pace my legs desire.

It was actually a really great run despite the fact that I way under-fueled.  Crappers.  I found myself longing for the points in the run where I would get to inhale some Gu.  

Some interesting points from the long run:
  • I raced a little boy and lost.  :)  There was a HUGE family of kids, parents, young adults all walking, biking on the bike trail near me.  One of the little boys, probably about 6, started running in place when he saw me coming, so I told him we should race.  He ran a couple of steps then stopped, so I started yelling that I was winning.  That got him going, he sprinted his little heart out (without shoes on!!) to the nearest bench (our designated finish line).  I could've beat him if I was trying, but not by very much, to be honest.  He might be a good runner in the near future!! :)
  • I saw 2 sets of ridiculous over the top cleavage shots.  I understand that girls with big boobs work out too, but I'm not quite sure why they would choose a deep V shirt with ta-tas hanging out while leaning over biking.  
  • I had the worst under arm chafing ever.  Oh my gosh, so much pain.  I'm not sure what it stemmed from.  The only thing I can think of is that I had my GU stored in my bra, and it must've shifted forward to agitate it.  The poor thing HURTS.  I might have to wear a big ol' bandaid for the race if it's not healed by then.  :(
I did the 12 miles in 1:52:21 for a pace of 9:22.
1. 9:32 
2. 9:22 
3. 9:32 
4. 9:22 
5. 9:24 
6. 9:28 
7. 9:24 
8. 9:26 
9. 9:20 
10: 9:21 
11. 9:09 
12. 8:56

Saturday I attended the first football game in my alma mater's new football stadium.  It was a blast to see the team take home a BIG W.  And the stadium is gorgeous.  I'm so jealous that we didn't have a field on campus when I went to school.  It was nice to hang with some old college pals to.  Plus, I do love me some football players.  :p

After the game I had the worst headache ever.  I think I must have been severely dehydrated.  I still have some remnants of it today, but not nearly as bad.  I do, however, think I have Taylor's awesome chest cold.  Thanks hon.  :(  It took him a good 2 weeks to get over it, so I'm hoping it'll clear up in the next 3 days.  I will NOT be sick for the race.  

I set out to do my 6 miles and was struggling.  My legs felt great and could've gone forever, but everything else was not feeling nearly as awesome.  My chest felt like an elephant was sitting on it.  My stomach felt like it was in my throat and every time I would breathe out I was certain I was going to barf.  Then about 2 miles in I started to feel really light headed/dizzy/woozy.  I decided to cut it short and do 4 instead of 6.  Definitely the least fun run I've had for a while.  Better today and not next Sunday, right?

I did 4 miles in 37:42 for a pace of 9:26.
1. 9:27 
2. 9:22 
3. 9:35 
4. 9:17


Sorry for the lack of exciting pictures in this post.  I purposely put off blogging until today so I could show off sweet pics of tailgating, the new stadium, fun from last night.  Somehow my camera never left my purse.  :(  Maybe I'll have some sweet water park pictures to share with you manana.  Enjoy the last day of summer!!

12 comments:

Nicci said...

great job with the miles you did do. I'm thinking those girls haven't discovered the new lululemon tan for TaTa's lol.

Mica said...

Nice splits, even when you were feeling woozy and with unfortunate chafing!

Um, I always work with my boobies hanging out. Obviously. In fact, you probably saw me over the weekend, biking with the girls.

Susan said...

So excited for football season!! Way to squeeze your run in after work...I definitely enjoy sleeping in, so I'm totally with you on that one.

Anonymous said...

I had Awful chaffing from the Sports Bra on my LR this weekend too! whats up with that business?! gah.

you'll totally be "that person" when the little boy grows up to be a huge runner - like "Well.. one day, in this park, this girl 'raced' me..." ;) ha nice work. making little runners all over.

Unknown said...

Good job on your Friday night long run. Underarm chafing is the worst!! I see girls running with their tatas bouncing all over the places and it just makes me say Ouch! I have average sized boobs but I make sure to strap them down and tuck them in before all exercise:)

Jamie said...

Underarm chafing is the worst! I have a fun one from my long run this week too. Great job on your Friday night long run! BTW I had the same thoughts on large breasted woman and sports bras this weekend too. Too many saggy boobies and unnecessary cleavage shots!
Feel better soon. Load up on fluids and vit c!

RunToTheFinish said...

no good that you feel bad, especially after having a great run! hopefully some rest and hydration will get you back on your feet tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Great long run! Take the bad with the good I guess. I know how those bad runs feel - 2 of mine sucked last week!

X-Country2 said...

Post-work runs work out well logistically, but the fueling is the hardest part. Way to get it done!!

B. Kramer said...

Way to get that run in. I like after work runs. It's good to get a little snack in beforehand though. Sorry about the chaffage and the cleavage assault.

Heather said...

Nice job on those runs! Hope you're not getting sick . . .

No Longer Using said...

WOO WOO! another anti social night time runner!!!!!!!!! lol :)

you did great. nice job coming up with a plan and rocking it-- you finished super strong!!!! and HECK YES to sleeping in on saturdays :)

chafing= bane of my existence. i was doing so good with vaseline, but now i have a recurring sports bra spot and it will just not heal! PAIN!!