Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Bemidji Blue Ox Marathon Training Recap Week 4

I finally had a really stellar week of training for week 4 of marathon training. 

Monday I started off the week with six general aerobic miles. 

Tuesday I had a rest day.

Wednesday it was early morning tempo run.


I had intended on doing my long run Friday, so Thursday I did a really short 2.5 mile recovery run. It was HOT.


Friday I woke up to thunderstorms, and the rest of the day's forecast was HOT HOT and humid. I decided to move my long run to Sunday and go out for a long ride. 30 miles later, I was d-e-a-d on two wheels. Uff.

This sign is never good to see, when running or riding.


Spillway action.



Sunday I had 16 on the schedule. And if you read my blog post yesterday, it wasn't my best. While getting ready for it, I realized it was time to order some more GU. Chocolate Outrage=yuck.


My friend Jenn did her long run on Saturday so she volunteered to bike along with me for my run. Thank goodness for her. If I hadn't had her waiting for me on the bike path, I would've probably turned around at mile 1. My legs felt terrible, it was hot, and my head just wasn't in the game.

I still cranked out 16 miles.

Leaning tower of Jeri.

No comments: