Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Bemidji Blue Ox Marathon Training Recap Week 2


Monday I was wiped and slept in, Tuesday I did 5.5 general aerobic miles on a hilly route. I even snagged sub 10 pace for it, which doesn't happen often.


Tuesday night we went fishing.




















And got back so late that night that there was no way I was getting up before work to run on Wednesday. It was hot after work, so date night it is! Also, Kyle having two nights off IN A ROW from his part-time job was amazing. Is this what normal couples get to enjoy??? Sign me up!

Friday I ran 6 miles with five at tempo before work. It was incredibly humid and I felt like I was going to die. I didn't quite hit my 8:50ish paces I had planned to, but not for lack of trying. I hit low 9s for the five tempo miles with the exception of the mile with a monster uphill.


Saturday I did an easy paced recovery run in the heat of the day. Maybe the heat training is paying off because despite sweating like a pig, I didn't feel like I was going to die.

Saturday night called me toward the end of his work shift and told me to get ready to go out, because some of his good friends were in town. Surely I'd still be able to rally and take down my 16 miler on Sunday morning, right??

Wrong. My stomach was so upset, there was no way I could run. It was worth it because except for the holidays when the majority of his friends are back, we rarely go out for crazy nights of fun.

Sunday I decided my stomach could handle sitting on a bike seat at the very least, and Jenn and I met up for 23 miles around the bike trails. 


Wheeeeee!


This is probably the worst photo I've ever posted of myself to the internet. Please enjoy. Jenn looks cute though!

No comments: