Monday, April 6, 2015

Ashtanga Yoga Series

A couple of weekends ago, during yoga teacher training, I got to experience my first attempt at ashtanga yoga (or astanga yoga, I'm still not sure which spelling I'll land on), and it was fun and challenging. One of the instructors at the studio I go to recently started a Monday night class, but since I work Monday evenings, I can't attend. Womp.

Luckily for me, she recently announced a 6 week Ashtanga series at a dance studio really close to my apartment. Unluckily for me, these classes aren't included in my monthly yoga studio membership. Womp. The classes are at 5:30am, and while that's earlier than I like to wake up, I find that if I do it consistently, it's much easier than just a random day or two each week of 4:45am wake up calls. There are classes at the studio on Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30am that I could attend to make my bedtimes/early wake up more consistent during the week!

I'm excited and terrified to get my ashtanga on!

If you're in the area and want to sign up, there's still time; classes start Wednesday and there are drop in rates if you can't commit to the full time. Shoot me a message and I'll get you details!*


Has anyone else practiced ashtanga regularly? I'm excited to give it a go. #alltheyogaplz

*Disclosure: I'm not receiving any compensation for promoting these classes and will be paying the full fee as normal. I just want to promote the classes because the world would be a better place if more people found bliss on their yoga mats!

No comments: