Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Brookings Half Training Week 9

Week of April 17-23
Monday Planned: General Aerobic 8 miles
Monday Actual: Sick and rest.

Tuesday Planned: Endurance 11 Miles
Tuesday Actual: Skipped POWER and had to take walk breaks on my (cut much shorter) 2 mile run.


Wednesday Planned: VO2 Max 10 miles, 2 sets of 2x1200 + 1x800 @ 3k-5k pace
Wednesday Actual: Thank god this run was a good one! It was truly my saving grace for the week. We did 3 miles with the running group, yoga, followed by 7 miles with the workout at the track. It was raining, and it was hard, but it felt great!


Thursday Planned: Rest
Thursday Actual: Rest

Friday Planned: Recovery 4 miles
Friday Actual: Coffee run miles with Toni. 4 of them.


Saturday Planned: Endurance 14 Miles
Saturday Actual: Based on the weirdness of the week, I had planned to do 5 miles with some pick ups, as I had moved my long run to Sunday to have Toni's company. I ended up with 3, slow miles with walk breaks. My legs felt d-e-a-d.

Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: I attempted my long run with Toni and it was one of the worst runs in a long time. I wanted to quit a mile and a half into it. I finally bailed at mile 5. I could tell my form was super shitty and I didn't want to risk hurting myself for some miles. Still a bummer.


Total Mileage Planned: 47 miles

Total Mileage Actual:  23.7 miles

No comments: