Monday, April 10, 2017

San Antonio Trip Part 3

On Saturday, Kyle finally got to enjoy some hole in the wall texmex, literally his only request for the trip was to eat some really good texmex. I took him on quite the trek and when we walked in at lunch, it was packed, which was a great sign. The food was delicious. Wife points: 1.

After lunch we headed to the Alamodome to watch the Rangers play the Indians. I've only been to a couple of professional baseball games in my life, so it was a lot of fun. While I was bummed that I wasn't in an open stadium to work on my tan, in hindsight it's probably best that I wasn't exposed to excess sun the day before my race.

After the game, we had to hustle to get ready for Kyle's conference dinner and concert, and I had to pick up my race packet. I got ready super fast and hustled over to the hotel for the out of town pick up. I had planned to go to the regular packet pickup earlier in the day to check out the expo, until I realized it was a 25 mile/$30 uber ride (one way!!). Uh... hell no. The packet pick up was incredibly unorganized. I arrived 5 minutes after it opened and I was in a line of 30+ people that didn't move in an extremely hot room. My version of hell. I think they had some issues with their workers showing up, because as I was in line, a few more people showed up, and finally the line started moving. 30 minutes later, after I had sweat through my dress. For real.

We went to Kyle's conference dinner, ate some great food, including some steak, shrimp a giant salad and steamed veggies. This might be a variation off of my new favorite pre-race meal, as I had zero stomach issues on race day! After dinner and the presentation, Big and Rich performed for the bankers. We hung out for a bit, sitting because... race eve.... double fisting waters.... so boring.

We went out on the balcony before we left to try to take a picture overlooking the River Walk, and then the couple we asked to snap a pic of us, literally turned their shoulder to give me the cold shoulder. Selfie it is! Where's the southern hospitality?!

When I got back to the room, I immediately put my compression socks on and observed some legs up the wall. My feet were so swollen and squishy.



Sunday morning was race morning.

And immediately after my ice bath + shower, we headed to Chipotle for lunch. Guacamole dreams right here.


And then it was FINALLY time to catch some sun by the pool. The real reason for the vacation. For me, anyways. We got to soak up vitamin d for about 2 hours before we had to head to the airport to make our trek back north. :(


But not before eating one more time (we ate a lot on this trip, thank goodness I had to run 13.1 miles at the end of the trip. For a hotel bar, this Margherita pizza was to die for. My only regret is that we were going to the airport and I felt lame bringing a to-go box to the airport, so I gave it to our uber driver. I miss that pizza.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh man, I'm not sure I could live somewhere without access to a baseball team! Been spoiled all my life, I suppose.