Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Weekly Reads: Love and Gelato

Love & Gelato is a book I have been wanting to read since it came out. To be honest, I was 100% attracted based on the cover alone. So cute. It was on the list to be reviewed for the Young Adult Reading Program I'm a member of so I added it to my list. It was amazing.

First of all the girl is a runner. Love it. Second of all, the girl's mother dies of pancreatic cancer (all the sads, all the feels, I can totally relate), and at one point in the story we see the mother's journal entry on her birthday and it's the same day as MY mom's crazy! Unfortunately I didn't get to take a sweet trip to Italy after my mom passed. Sweet sad love story with a bit of adventure.

My rating: 5 stars

Summary from Goodreads:

Lina is spending the summer in Tuscany, but she isn’t in the mood for Italy’s famous sunshine and fairy-tale landscape. She’s only there because it was her mother’s dying wish that she get to know her father. But what kind of father isn’t around for sixteen years? All Lina wants to do is get back home.

But then she is given a journal that her mom had kept when she lived in Italy. Suddenly Lina’s uncovering a magical world of secret romances, art, and hidden bakeries. A world that inspires Lina, along with the ever-so-charming Ren, to follow in her mother’s footsteps and unearth a secret that has been kept for far too long. It’s a secret that will change everything she knew about her mother, her father—and even herself.

People come to Italy for love and gelato, someone tells her, but sometimes they discover much more.

No comments: