Monday, April 24, 2017

Fall Race Plans

Well we're in the midst of spring (!!!!) and it's truly the most wonderful time of year. I live in South Dakota for the spring and fall seasons (however fleeting and quick they are). But that also means that while I'm in the depths of training for my spring goal race, I have fall races on the mind!

I just pulled the trigger on my fall goal race!

I'll be heading to Massachusetts to visit one of my besties from college and to explore Boston with her and her kiddos. And while I'm there, I'll be running the OceanView Half Marathon on November 5th!

And because I was having the worst running fomo of my life a few months ago, with every running friend I know (slight exaggeration) signing up to run the Twin Cities Marathon, I talked myself off of the ledge (NO MARATHONS IN 2017 JERBEAR!) by planning to jump in the lottery for the TC 10 miler Oct. 1! It'll be perfect (assuming I get in). I get to have the same race weekend experience, I get to enjoy the last ~10ish miles of the marathon, getting me amped to do it in 2018 (hopefully), and I'll be able to cheer on all of my running friends who are doing the full! PERFECT. Now I just have to get in... tick tock tick tock.

For the lucky 13th year, I'll also be lining up for the Sioux Falls Half Marathon on September 10th. This race is hard to shoot for a PR on, imo. The weather is typically warmer and humid, and there are some intense hills. I do think I could shoot for a course PR while training for the above mentioned races, so I'll use it as a training run to keep my streak going!

No comments: