Thursday, May 22, 2014

Hamstrings

The other day I caught a glimpse of my lower half in a mirror while wearing a skirt. I don't have a full length mirror, so this view was a new experience. I did a double take when I realized for the first time that I have hamstrings. [insert the emoji face with the buggy out-y eyes here please]

I've never had hamstrings before.

I had issues with my quads in high school track because my hamstrings were so weak, my quads had to pick up the slack and then *POOF* I severely strained a quad coming out of the blocks in a 100m dash because your muscles aren't meant to work double duty. Who knew?!

Anyway. The other night, after my track workout....

Which reminds me. Yes, I just interrupted myself in the midst of writing a blog post, and I'll leave it as such.

I came home from the track armed with a monster runner's high after nailing some 800m repeats at paces waaaaaay faster than I'd expected to. I said to Kyle all serious like, "Kyle did you hear the fire truck sirens??" To which he replied, "no," with a quizzical look on his face. "Oh. Well, I just lit the track on fire!!" And then I proceeded to laugh like a maniacal idiot, because. duh.

Ok, so following my hilarious joke, I started flexing in front of him, as you do when you're on a runner's high, right? And I thought it'd be a good time to bring up my newfound hamstrings. I asked Kyle if my legs looked any different to him (which was clearly a trap).

KK: I was actually just going to say, your legs are looking a lot meatier.
JL: [insert death stare here]
KK:  NO no no! I meant meaty in a good way!!! [lolz] Seriously, they're way stronger looking than I've ever seen!
JL: Nice recovery. But seriously, have you noticed I have hamstrings??

end scene.

So next time you see me, feel free to comment on my newly found hamstrings. Just don't call em "meaty" mmmk?

No comments: