Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Weekly Training Recap

Monday I took a rest day. Starting off the week strong! Lolz.

Tuesday I took advantage of the sunny skies and did a general aerobic run on rolling hills. I shocked myself when I looked down for the first time and saw a sub 10 pace on my watch. I don't think I've run sub 10 on a run that didn't have speed work in it.... for a while. So that was fun.


Wednesday I hit the track with Jenn J. I was nervous that my legs would be tired from the day before's run. We had 6x800 on the schedule since we slacked the previous week. Recap: I ran 8:02-8:10 paces for two and felt like my legs were going to fall off they were so heavy. Recovered? Nope.

We did our mile warm up and both of us commented that we didn't have much pep in our step. Uff. We did our stretches and I did some booty activation exercises (<--I will henseforth refer to them as such, because, lolz, sounds like a super hero move, Captain Booty, ACTIVATE!) I planned to run the first one at or around 8 minute pace, and then drop from there if my legs were feeling it.

Well, I guess my legs were feeling it.

3:55, 3:53, 3:50, 3:56, 3:50, 3:44. Avg. 3:51 (7:42 pace), whoop!

Alright then. Jenn stopped for a few seconds after each of our quarter mile jogs, allowing me to rabbit her, and that worked well, because I don't want to get caught! I'm hoping it won't be too long before her and I are running the same paces!

#stataholic

These paces are almost on par with a similar workout done in the spring of 2011 (yes, I clearly went back to check my log for this data) and the spring of 2011 was when I set most of my PRs. #comeback 

(#toomanyhashtagsforablogpost?)

All green. As you do when you hit the track, right?

Thursday I took a rest day.

Friday I had the day off for working Saturday so I set out for my long run after procrastinating most of the morning. As you do. The temps were cool and the wind was minimal. And it. was. awesome. I haven't had that strong of a long run in a really long time. It was actually at a faster pace than my first two halfs of this spring..... :/  I did 3 minute pickups every 20 minutes to keep things interesting and to keep my form engaged.

It's important to match your toenails to your running top.


My hat was soaked, even on a "cool" day. Somehow that didn't come across as well in the photo. :(


After the run I met up with some friends for some twofers. But not until I took a selfie to feature my new pug shirt and purty hairz.


If I was a pug, that's what I'd look like fyi.



Tom and Jeri! This picture makes me laugh.

And the best beer I've had in a really long time:  Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. I may have spent a considerable amount of time calling around to liquor stores on Sunday to find somewhere that carried it. Spoiler: I didn't luck out. :(

Saturday I took a rest day and accidentally did Sunday too, unless you count eating Qdoba nachos as training, then I nailed it.

No comments: