Friday, July 3, 2015

Train for ALL THE THINGS

Now that yoga teacher training has wrapped up, I'm excited to jump into a training program. Which is great, because the Sioux Falls Half Marathon is just around the corner (I start my 10 week training schedule on Monday!) and I've been running minimally. Eeps!

I have been carefully plotting out my runs for each week, and putting them on my calendar along with my yoga and barre classes (along with the classes I still need to assist to finish my yoga teacher training certification hours) and I swear I'm breaking into a sweat just by typing all of that into my iCal. So who knows how I'm going to actually complete the workouts.

As I was plotting my long runs on my weekends, I was excited to see that my cutback week fell on a weekend that I had intended on doing a 60 mile bike ride. I've done a half century before, but that was a few years ago, and I have yet to take my bike out this season for a ride. It took approximately 45 seconds of excitement to realize that if I'm going to do a 60 mile ride in one month, I will need to be doing some 30 mile rides weekly to get my booty used to sitting in the saddle. And then I looked at my already jam packed schedule and said good bye to the ride. There's always next year, right?

And the good news is that a running friend is planning a for fun 5k the morning of the 60 mile ride, so all is not lost. I can still do something fun with my cutback week. :)


No comments: