Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Brookings Half Training Week 1

Week of February 20-26


Monday Planned: General Aerobic + Speed 5 miles 8x100
Monday Actual: I had Monday off of work so I flip-flopped my Monday and Tuesday runs. It was gorgeous out so I enjoyed 8 miles of sunshine. I even got a tan! My heart rate got a little high toward the end of the run, but I was starving and didn't bring water, and it was nearing 70 degrees when I was done. What??? Also my chest felt super tight like I couldn't take a full breath (later in the week I got a massive cold, so I suppose that explains *that*).


Tuesday Planned: Sanford Power + Endurance 8 Miles
Tuesday Actual: Tuesday night Toni joined me for my 5 miles with strides. We had our typical running therapy session. I just love this girl. She makes the miles fly by! I rushed straight from the run to the theater and watched an Oscar movie all sweaty. So gross.
I also had Power in the morning and it felt great! Especially compared to last week when I felt like death.


















Wednesday Planned: General Aerobic 3 Miles
Wednesday Actual:My legs were really tight and I wanted to skip the run completely so I did 3 recovery miles instead of GA miles. Then some good yoga.

















Thursday Planned: Lactate Threshold 5 Miles 14 min LT, 4 min jog, 12 min LT
Thursday Actual: Sick + blizzard + super sore. Unplanned rest day.

Friday Planned: Rest/Cycling
Friday Actual: More rest. I should have gotten all sickness/illness out of the way for the rest of the training cycle right??

Saturday Planned: Endurance 10 Miles
Saturday Actual: More rest.

Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: I was probably well enough to run on Sunday. However, I was hosting the Oscars so I knew I needed to clean our house, grab some snacks, and I spent some time with my dad in the morning. All things more important than a run. Right?

Total Mileage Planned: 31 miles

Total Mileage Actual:  16 miles. :/

No comments: