Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Brookings Half Training Week 5

Week of March 20-27 Recovery Week


Monday Planned: Rest

Monday Actual: Rest and foam rolling/stick.

Tuesday Planned: Sanford Power
Tuesday Actual: Rest. My dad had a heart procedure so I wasn't able to make it to POWER. Probably for the best as my legs were still really really tight.

Wednesday Planned: General Aerobic 3 Miles
Wednesday Actual: I actually set out to do 2-3 miles depending on how my legs felt. One of the store employees ran and chatted with me and helped the miles fly by. Legs felt okay but ready to be done.

Thursday Planned: Rest
Thursday Actual: Rest rest rest. More foam rolling/sticking. Core Work.

Friday Planned: General Aerobic 3 Miles
Friday Actual: More rest. :/ The stress of my dad not being 100% + recovering this week, I am just wiped!

Saturday Planned: General Aerobic 5 Miles
Saturday Actual: 60 minutes of vinyasa at the brewery!


Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: 60 minutes of yin yoga. I had planned to go "long" and do 5 after yoga, but halfway through class I had such a debilitating headache, that I wanted to get up and leave and let someone else finish teaching class. Uff.

Total Mileage Planned: 11 miles

Total Mileage Actual:  3.06 miles. Uff da, quite the recovery week. But looking at my schedule for next week, my legs should be ready to go for a hard week. This week was a good break mentally and physically.

No comments: