Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Brookings Half Training Week 2

Week of February 27-March 5


Monday Planned: General Aerobic + Speed 5 miles 6x12 sec uphill, 8x100 m strides
Monday Actual: Rest.

Tuesday Planned: Sanford Power + Endurance 8 Miles
Tuesday Actual:  60 Minutes of Sanford Power and another day of no running. This cold almost killed me.

Wednesday Planned: General Aerobic 3 Miles
Wednesday Actual: I sandwiched Monday's run and Wednesday's run. 5 miles General Aerobic + Speed with 6x12 sec uphill & 8x100 m strides with Toni before the group run, and then a 3 mile general aerobic run with the group. 60 minutes of yoga after.
I also got a lovely hour long massage in the afternoon. Ahhhhh.




























Thursday Planned: Lactate Threshold 7 Miles 18 min LT, 4 min jog, 12 min LT
Thursday Actual: 4 mile recovery run after work.


















Friday Planned: Rest/Cycling
Friday Actual: Lactate Threshold 6 Miles 18 min LT, 4 min jog, 12 min LT. Toni and I headed up for six miles with some lactate threshold thrown in. I shorted the run from 7 to 6 since I didn't hit my full mileage last week due to my cold. Trying to adhere to that 10% increase rule. But the crazy thing is that I was EXCITED for this run. It was hard, but doable. First sub 10 pace run in forever, 9:39! And the lactate miles were 8:55-9:10. Wahoo!


Epsom salt bath ftw.


And the best pizza I've ever made at home. Red onions+brussel sprouts+balsamic glaze+goat cheese.


























Saturday Planned: Endurance 11 Miles
Saturday Actual: 3 mile recovery run. I had my bestie Emily meet me at the library after work and we did a walk run. I think this is the furthest she's ever gone. And we did it together. Wahoo!

Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: Long run 10 miles. I took one mile off of the long run distance, again to make sure I didn't jump too much in my mileage since I was sick. It was a beautiful day for a run and it felt so strong and so good! Jordanne is training for her first half (!!!) and Mallory is just getting back to long runs after taking the last couple of months off, so we did take a few walk breaks. But the miles were ticking away in 10:20 pace for the majority of the run. And it felt gooooood.

Total Mileage Planned: 34 miles

Total Mileage Actual: 31 miles. Which is my highest weekly mileage since July 20th, 2014. That's insane. I'm loving how good I feel right now.

No comments: