Monday, August 21, 2017

Running Hat Help

Guys.

I need help.

I love a good running hat. No, I NEED a good running hat. There are many reasons why I rarely leave the house without a hat when I'm running.

A) I'm the sweatiest runner on the planet, this helps keep the sweat out of my eyes.

B) I spent one summer running without a hat, and I have sun damage on my forehead from it. I don't need any pre-mature aging on my face, this thing is my money maker! lolz, or not, but if I can avoid burning my face/forehead/nose/etc. by throwing on a hat, than I will.

C) If I wear sunscreen on a run, I sweat it all off, so it's easiest to have this sun protection that can't be sweated off (hopefully).

So here's the problem:

I look like a giant dork in running hats. Give me a cute wear around hat, and I look adorable (in my super humble opinion obvs). But put me in a hat meant specifically for running and I look like a goon. At one point, Kyle actually told me I was banned from wearing one of my running hats because of how "goofy" I looked in it. You know what else is goofy?? Looking like I'm 90 because my skin is leather because I haven't been wearing a HAT! But I digress.

I need your recommendations on your favorite hat. Bonus points if you can provide a direct link to purchase it, bonus BONUS points if you want to just send me one for free.

Currently in my rotation is my Lululemon hat. I love this one because it's white (yay, cool) and the little holes in the top are super reflective which is awesome when running in the dark. But it is an awkward shape (or maybe my head is an awkward shape, but whatever I'd rather blame the HAT!)




My next favorite is my pink hat. It fits my head the best, has a nice reflective bill, but I don't always want to wear pink, ya know?



I bought a snapback hat at 605 Running Co thinking I could maybe possibly be cool enough to pull off the look. Uh... no. I wear this when I run on the trails and that's about it. I look goofy. My words this time, not Kyle's. Again, giant hat, tiny head.





This is my other 605 Running Co hat. And it's fine. But I rarely wear orange, so it doesn't make it in to my rotation very often.



After the new yoga studio opened, I bought one of their hats. It's super cute, but not very breathable. I wore it on a cooler run and it was super hot and steamy and now my black hat has gross sweat stains.



I bought this Nike hat thinking that it might be a good fit for the hat rotation. It is so hot and stifling, but I DO LOVE the color. I just wish it was breathable. And didn't show sweat so bad.



The green hat is the infamous "goofy hat" that Kyle hates. But it's GREEN so of course I love it! But he's right, goof city.



So lay it on me. What hats should I buy? I basically want it to not look like a running hat but be super breathable, which is apparently an impossible task. HAAAAAALP MEEEEEEEE!


1 comment:

Rinnie04 said...

I have a BOCO trucker hat and a BOCO visor from my local running club. I love, love both of these hats and I'm the sweatiest of all them all!! You should maybe pester your local running store to think about custom designing a hat with these guys!

http://www.bocogear.com/