Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Twin Cities 10 Training Week 3

Week of July 24-30

Monday Planned
General Aerobic 3 mile 
Monday Actual: I convinced Kyle to join me on then bike for an easy 3 mile run. I sucked planning my route and ended up at 3.1 miles and walking the last two blocks home. Hah.

Tuesday Planned
General Aerobic + Speed 8 miles 6x12 sec uphill, 6x100
Tuesday Actual: Toni and I met at 5am to get in 5 miles before the sun. We did our strides and our hill repeats, and my legs felt like garbage. We met up with Ale at the group run for an additional 3 miles.




Wednesday PlannedGeneral Aerobic 3 mile Wednesday Actual: Easy 3 miles at the group run at 605 with Bobby. It was warm, but nothing like it has been lately. After the run we had a yoga session with a glorious legs up the wall.


Thursday Planned
Endurance 11 miles
Thursday Actual: Rest day. I didn't have to go into work until 12:30pm on Friday so I swapped my long run to Friday and took a glorious rest day on Thursday.

Friday Planned: Sanford POWER
Friday Actual: Sanford POWER and 11 endurance miles. It was my first time back at POWER in 3 weeks. Woof. It was awesome and hard, and the sun was gorgeous when we were done.




Toni was sick, so I set out for 11 solo miles. The first 3 miles were a struggle, but I took my first GU around mile 3, found a bathroom, and my legs loosened up dramatically. My left knee felt a little wonky during some of the miles, so I really focused on running tall. My watch was being weird and not telling me mile lap times, so I was pleasantly surprised when I finished to see my time and pace.




Saturday PlannedGeneral Aerobic 3 mile 
Saturday Actual: Rest.

:( I woke up to some super tight IT bands. I attempted to foam roll (3 times), stick, epsom bath, drinking all the water, napping.


Sunday Planned: 8 miles, 4 at LT (605 Series 4 Miles)
Sunday Actual: Rest. Again. My IT bands were still so ridiculously tight that I knew that running would cause my knee to hurt (been there done that). Another rest day, more foam rolling. :(

Total Mileage Planned: 36 miles

Total Mileage Actual:  25.1 miles

No comments: