Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Twin Cities 10 Training Week 5

Week of August 7-13

Monday Planned: General Aerobic 7 miles with 10x100m strides
Monday Actual: Because, my long run got pushed to Sunday, we flip-flopped our workouts for Monday and Tuesday. I didn't quite have enough time to get in the General Aerobic 5 miles, plus I didn't hit 36 miles in the previous week as planned due to my IT band, so I opted to shave a mile here and there from my plan so I didn't break.


Toni and I got in a beautifully sweaty 4 miles before I taught a 60 minute yoga class.



Tuesday Planned
General Aerobic 5 miles
Tuesday Actual: Toni and I met before the group run to do 4 miles with 10x100 strides. We joined Sarah back at the studio for another 3 to knock out 7 for the day! Followed by a 30 minute yoga class.




Wednesday PlannedGeneral Aerobic 4 milesWednesday Actual: Again we cut out one mile of the plan. It was a beautiful night for a run. I tried to take it easy, knowing we had a tough workout on Thursday but we get so carried away running and talking that it's hard!



Thursday Planned
Lactate Threshold 8 miles with 16 minutes, 12 minutes, and 8 minutes at LT with 4 minute jogs in between Thursday ActualLactate Threshold 8 miles with 16 minutes, 12 minutes, and 8 minutes at LT with 4 minute jogs in between! Wahoo! We started with a one mile warm up, followed by the workout and two miles cool down. It was hard but doable.



Friday Planned: Sanford POWER
Friday Actual
Sanford POWER. I was shocked at how great my body felt the day after a lot of miles, and the lift felt great. I even hit 170 on deadlifts. Woop!





Saturday PlannedRecovery 4 miles
Saturday Actual
Recovery 4 miles, gloriously slow and chill miles. We have a long run with workout tomorrow, so we took it suuuuuuper easy. 




Sunday Planned: Endurance 11 miles, including 605 race series 8 mile
Sunday ActualEndurance 11 miles, including 605 race series 8 mile. Picked up the pace during miles 7-11, finishing at lactate threshold pace. Race report to come!






Total Mileage Planned: 39 miles

Total Mileage Actual:  37.1 miles

No comments: