Wednesday, November 29, 2017

F^3 Lake Half Marathon Training Week 1

Week of November 20-26

Monday Planned
General Aerobic 8 miles with 2 sets of 5x150 strides
Monday Actual: General aerobic 5 miles with 2 sets of 5x100 strides. Since we did our long run on Sunday, we did less miles than planned. I apparently didn't look at the strides because I thought we had 100 m strides. Oops.




Tuesday PlannedRest
Tuesday Actual: Core work and some calve work to try to unlock these huge knots in my legs!


Wednesday Planned: General Aerobic 3 miles
Wednesday Actual: 3 general aerobic miles with Maren at the 605 group run!




Thursday Planned: 8 miles including 4 or 6 mile Turkey Day race!

Thursday Actual: I couldn't find anyone to warm up with me, and was unsure about running in the area in the dark solo. Kept a super casual attitude about that race I guess. :P Ended up missing the finishing turn for the 10k, so ended up at 6.33 miles, and then found some buddies for a cool down mile!






Friday Planned: 4 Recovery Miles
Friday Actual: 4 recovery miles with some new running buddies! I had planned for it to be more of a recovery race so I had raced the day before and was going long on Friday, but it's so hard to watch your watch when it's pitch black out, so it may have been too speedy, but it felt okay.






Saturday PlannedLong Run 9 miles
Saturday Actual: I found a new running buddy to tackle 9 miles with me at 7AM(!!!!) Saturday morning. 605 was giving out goody bags to the first 20 people in the store, so that helped get me out of bed and to the store EARLY. Our friend Kristin joined us around mile 4. The miles just flewwwwwww by. It was such a fast run, and speedy fast too, but my heart rate was like: this is cool, we're cool. 








Sunday Planned: Rest
Sunday Actual: Since we cut our Monday run a little short, I had some recovery miles to take care of. And I didn't want to do them AT ALL. No one to run with, tired legs, and my bed just was in love with me. Solo runs suck. I did 3.5 miles.


Total Mileage Planned: 32 Miles
Total Mileage Actual: 32 miles

No comments: