Tuesday, June 23, 2009

And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street....

On my boring/easy 2 mile run this morning I saw: an ostrich, some birds, many buffalo, and a rabbit. As I was tabulating all these animals in my head, I was reminded of one of my FAVE Dr. Seuss books. The one where the kid comes up with these outrageous lies of what he sees on Mulberry street. Because honestly, who sees buffalo and ostrich on their run? Me. Some days I see mountain lions, but not today. I almost always hear meerkats cries (at least that's what I think they are, sounds like a louder version of a kitty crying).


Have I mentioned that Taylor's apartment is near the city zoo? :) The bike trail actually goes along the back side of the zoo, and it's quickly becoming my favorite part about running in the morning. Usually the animals are up and moving around because it's cooler before the sun is officially up, so I feel like I get to have my own little sneak peak at the zoo whenever I go for a run.


Other than the animals, it was a boring run. 2 miles in 18:27. No ab pain, so hopefully (fingers crossed) Sunday was just a fluke.


Oh, and we totally spent Monday night after work at the water park again. I'm reminded of the 5-12 year old amphibious version of myself. I lived at the pool back in the day. It's fun to feel like a kid again and to dash home from work to change into my suit. Hah.


I've already checked the weather report, and unfortunately there are t-storms in the forecast for after work, so Day#4 at the water park is probably out of the question. Maybe I'll fill up the tub and do some laps. ;)

9 comments:

Amy said...

Lol, I was wondering where the heck you lived where you could see all these animals. Ah, the zoo...makes sense now! I used to run by the Cincinnati Zoo, but you couldn't really see any animals from the outside :-/. I could hear the monkeys sometimes, and definitely the birds.

No Longer Using said...

Hahaha...!!! I was about to comment in all-caps w/ exclamation points WHERE DO YOU LIVE?!?! but then I saw that you run by a zoo... which is so cool!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe. and i love doctor seuss :) nice run! it's good to have those easy days.

Mica said...

I figured that you must have been running by a zoo, or, at least, I hoped that was the case!

Anonymous said...

LOL Thank goodness you said ZOO!! I was wondering, does this girl live in a jungle? Mountain lions!? :) I was scared for a moment!

Jamie said...

That sounds like a fun place to run! Usually you can't see in from the outside so that is even better. Nice job on the easy run :)

Glenn Jones said...

I guess it's a great run as long as the wind is blowing the right direcion!

Kim said...

How fun! I wish I could run by some animals like that. I love seeing wildlife.

I also wish I lived at the pool right now!

J said...

Thats cool you get to run by the zoo. My 15k race goes right by a zoo and they bring out some of the animals and its cool to see them. I haven't been to a water park in years!

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

OMG I know (re: hills)! Thanks (re: fundraiser)! Doood, have you booked tix yet? Lets do that this week??? tomorrow??