Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rainy Five + Foto Friday

I only had to work 3 hours today.  WHOOO!!  (But that's because I have to come in next Saturday for 5, waah).  I tell ya, all working days should be three hours long, that's awesome.  It had been raining all morning, but I was REALLY excited about running in it.  It was 57 degrees with barely any wind, probably the greatest running weather ever (pay no mind to the fact that I've said this now 3 different times, all referring to different weather, ha.  My blog, I can make contradictory statements all I want!)  Of course because of the cloud coverage, Mr. Garmin was having a heckuva time getting a signal.  Finally after 2 songs had past on my iPod, I went back inside and Poof!  Signal found.  Funny guy.

I had 5 miles to do, and was planning on doing them at an easy pace.  I was guessing that because yesterday's easy run, was a little on the speedy side, that my legs would protest if I even suggested something above average.  I think I looked like a darn fool out there running, grinning ear to ear.  But I love me some rain, especially when it's warm-ish out.  Love love love.

Apparently my legs love the rain too, because my first mile came in at 8:58.  I decided to just go with it and see what my legs could do for a fiver.  Mile 2 9:03, Mile 3 8:49, Mile 4 8:43, & Mile 5 7:53.  By gosh, I think the speed work I've been doing is causing me to be *gasp* faster.  Hurrah!

I was going to show you a picture of how hot, um I mean disgusting, I look after a 43 minute run in the rain, but it was frightening.  I'm talking immediately-unfollow-this-crazy-girl-frightening.  So I'll let you just form your own mental image.

Now I'm getting ready to leave town to go visit my BFFF (best effin' friend forever, thanks N.O. for that drunken acronym) for a weekend of fabulousness!  :)  She's the coolest person ever, and it's been TOO LONG since we've spent a weekend together.  I'm sure crazy pics will be to come on Sunday/Monday.  Speaking of Sunday, assuming I'm not hungover, I'm planning on doing a 9 miler (longest I've done since last Fall).  I'm sure you're on the edge of your seats already in anticipating of how it will go.  :)

And now.  For Foto Friday.  Since Taylor is on his own Windy City adventure this weekend, I thought I would share some photos of my last adventure. This was during spring break of college my junior year '05. Enjoy. :)



Sometimes you just gotta take the bull by the horns...


The crew on top of the Hancock building. Not sure why none of us are smiling...
At Coyote Ugly. Good times had by all.

I went with this group for Spring Break my senior year also, and had a blast. We had some good vaca memories for sure. :)  Have a good weekend all!

1 comment:

J said...

OK so besides running in the morning, running in the rain is one of my favorites!! Have fun this weekend!