Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm seriously drowning....

...in my own sweat. YUCK! I will be honest, I am a sweaty person. I blame my parents, they both sweat at the drop of a hat, and I'm no different. I've always been the sweatiest person on the basketball court or volleyball court, and for sure the sweatiest runner. I was once told that you sweat more the better shape you're in. If that's the case, I'm in TIP TOP SHAPE. All of my grey tee's are put away during the summer because it's just not cute to pit out if you're a girl. :(

With that being said, I could literally wring out my shirt after my run today, and almost half of the run was done INSIDE. Whoa is me, seriously. It was pretty similar weather as yesterday, mid-60's with 97% humidity. I think sweat droplets formed as I was stretching outside. Ick. Today was 8 x 400 at mile pace. Again I decided to run to my gym as my "warm-up." I'm secretly obsessed with my weekly/monthly mileage so it's nice to get in another 2.75 miles on these "sprint" days. The run to the gym was 1.37 miles in 17:45. Although I think the Garmin was off. It "lost satellite" for a minute while I was running under an overpass, and my first mile ended up being an 8 mm split, which was not the case. Probably closer to 9mm I'd imagine. Or slower even.

When I got to the gym I was SWEATY. I got some stretching in and hopped on the treadmill.
2 @ 1:42 (6:48 pace)
2 @ 1:41 (6:44 pace)
1 @ 1:40 (6:40 pace)
1 @ 1:39 (6:36 pace)
1 @ 1:38 (6:32 pace)
1 @ 1:36 (6:24 pace)
For an average pace of 6:40. In between each quarter, I walked .1 and to de-sweat. Ha. I did mess up on #7 by only running .2, so I ran .3 on #8 (at a faster speed, ugh). But I'm too lazy to calculate that out, so I took the easy way.

My legs were tired. But I still needed to get home. I headed home on the bike trail since it was light enough (it's too dark, in my opinion, to run them on the way there) and felt like I was crawling. It was miserable. 1.38 miles in 12:29.

When I got home I looked in the mirror and had to laugh. I had some serious raccoon eyes. I used a new mascara yesterday, and it must not have washed off all the way last night! I'm hoping it ran on my run home from the gym, but I'm guessing I looked like a fool AT the gym when everyone was wondering why I put on eye make up for the gym. WHOOPS. Oh well. I had to laugh. :)

For my post-run breakfast, I made my first ever green monster. It was delish. I've made some protein smoothies in the past (frozen strawberries & banana, ice, a splash of vanilla soy milk, and 1/2 scoop of protein powder) but this was my first with a healthy heaping handful of spinach. It was delish. Honestly, it tastes the same as the ones without. Plus it was my favorite color. :) Too bad I was running too late to snatch a picture. I could use a nice photo to break up this monotonous text (which apparently is a pet peeve of some, who knew!!) :)

I love me some speed work, but I swear I'm always starving for the rest of the day. Keep your fingers crossed for no storms so I can watch some men's softball, and for goodness sake humidity, go away!!

P.S. If you haven't seen Taken you totally should. We watched it last night and it was AWESOME!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your attentiveness to your health!

...I came upon you by way of clicking "Etsy" as interest. I would love it if you would come to my blog and "dish" about what you're hearing and how you make yourself heard, in my topic "making waves." http://dish-dish-dish.blogspot.com/2009/06/making-waves.html



Have a lovely day,
Kara

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

OMG I so want to see Taken! Also, we must be destined to be running friends because I also am the SWEATIEST person alive, probably more so than you. Ask anyone.

Gah I really need to get back into training mode, you guys are all making me look BAD. Good thing I have a decent run planned for tonight! Nice job with the intervals though!

Aron said...

NICE job on your speedy intervals girlie!

Kim said...

We saw Taken in the theater and really liked it! :)

I am super sweaty too. My mom is as well, so maybe it is hereditary? My husband does not sweat at all and can run 6 miles then GO TO BED W/O SHOWERING! WEIRD-O!

J said...

I agree on the speedwork, I am always so hungry for the rest of the day. I have read that it makes your metabolism increase by doing the interval training! I am off to get me some dinner now cause i am starving!

Anonymous said...

yes yesss the speed workouts definitely get your heart pumpin! I'm always hungry after too. :) metabolism on high, whoop!

I think I need to try these spinach-smoothies. I'll be honest - it doesn't sound too appetizing haha! but, I've only heard good things!!

I don't wear grey in the summer either. ha, its not cute.

Jamie said...

way to go on the intervals speedster!

I'm a sweaty monster too! My hubs always makes fun of me :)

Mica said...

Awesome workout! Those are nice 400 times, no wonder you were sweaty! You worked HARD!