Tuesday, June 16, 2009

That felt more like swimming than running.

The weather lied to me when I checked it yesterday prior to packing my running clothes to stay the night at Tay's.....thunderstorms in the morning, etc.  I take that to mean cool weather, so I pack running tights and a tee.  More like 65 with 100% humidity (seriously, that's what it's showing at 5:45am) with hardly a breeze.  I stopped to stretch at .75 since my legs were still feeling tight from my long run Sunday, and I already had huge sweat spots on my shirt.  I tried to roll my capri-length tights up to be more short like, but yowsers, it was sweltering out there!  I've never been so glad to be done with a run.  THIS is why I'm running in the morning, imagine how miserable it'll be this evening with some heat thrown in to that humidity!  (Damn it, there better be some heat with humidity this afternoon or I'm going to be MAD!)  :)

Anyway, I did an easy 3 miler, which my legs took a while to warm up to, but after they did it was swell.  Total time was 27:22 for a 9:07 pace.
1.  9:19
2.  9:09
3.  8:57

Since there is NO FOOD at the boy's place and I'm borderline starvation mode, I think I'm going to hustle up and treat myself to some Starbucks for breakfast.  YUMMY.

Also, I was given this awesome blog award by J at Morning Runner!!!  She's had many great suggestions (along with a lot of the rest of you!) on the whole morning running transformation, and I appreciate the award.  :)

The instructions are to post this award and then give it to two others that you have started reading.

Amy at Will Run For Fun.  Her blog is very entertaining and she's a ridiculously awesome runner.  Just reading her splits makes me break into a sweat!

Amanda at Adventures in our Funny Farm.  She seems like the most genuinely sweet gal EVER, and I always look forward to her comments on my blog and her own posts.

Again, thanks for the honor J!  :)

Guys I hate to say this, but I think I might actually be a morning runner.  :s

10 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the award chica! :) Very sweet!

My fiance NEVER has food in his apartment, and I'm ALWAYS hungry. What's up with that?
I've done the whole rolling up my capris on a run. One time I ran 4 miles with my pants hiked up...it looked like I was wearing a diaper! lol it was ridiculous.

Glenn Jones said...

I have no idea how you folks can run in that type of humidity! Here is Southern California, if it's hot it's dry. The worst would be 70 degrees with 45% humidity. And I wilt in that!

Mica said...

Mmm, isn't humidity the best? I'm sure you managed to look awesome on your swim/run, despite all the sweat!

Jamie said...

Humid running is a blast ;) Luckily we haven't been hit too hard yet this summer but it is only a matter of time.

Glad the morning running is working for you!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the award. I'll proudly display it! I love your blog too:)

Humidity is a beast!!

J said...

YAAY!! morning runner! It is the best. I ran in the afternoon the other day and it was weird! Its nice to get up and get it over with. The weather has been tricky...Last year I would wake up at 5am and run before work and some days it would be cold and others really humid!

Aron said...

yuck i hate running in the heat!!! i finally got up this morning to run!! :) :) i thought of you... MUST keep this up!

Kim said...

I knew you would become a morning runner! Hee hee.

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

Argh. I hate running in the humidity! Mostly a staple here though :(

Anonymous said...

Yessss Morning running! it's my first love, easily. ;) congrats on the award too!