Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 3: Morning Runner

Luckily for me, I don't work until 11am on Thursdays, so I got to sleep in (but I'm still counting the run towards my morning runs, because, duh it's in the morning). I got to sleep in until 7:30am. Heck ya. I just had a piddly 3 easy miles on the ol' training schedule, but my legs were significantly tired and still mad at me for running them so hard yesterday. (Ahem, suck it up legs! We have got PRs to crush! Thank God my legs can't read, they would for sure rebel after that comment.) I also had some soreness/pain in my right hamstring, so I took the run pretty dang easy. 3 miles in 28:35 avg. pace of 9:32.

1. 9:55
2. 9:34
3. 9:06
After the run I watched a full two hours of SYTYCD while doing a kick butt ab work out.

I find it SUPER ironic, that the reason I implemented the morning runs were to avoid the extreme post-work/evening heat/humidity. Just thought I would note that all three days of morning runs, the temp at 5pm was 58-65 degrees, no humidity, and a slight breeze. Yes, perfect running weather. Funny guy (or gal) Mr. (or Mrs./Miss/Ms.) Weather...funny guy (or gal).

Just re-read this post, and it might be the most boring thing ever written, so please don't unfollow me. I'm just boring today. Tomorrow will be full of excitement, even if I have to make up lies to keep you entertained.

Actually this evening we're heading to my old roomies new house for a house warming party, so I'll probably have some good stories to share. I know I highlighted her in last week's Foto Friday, but here she is again.



Here we are at Lake Okoboji last summer for the 4th of July. Look how cute we are. And we're that cute AFTER swimming/lounging/drinking in a dirty lake and showering under a small trickle of water in a gross campsite shower. Now that's cute. :)

Also, I would like to include a photo of mi madre, as it's her birthday today!! Happy Birthday Ma. :) I think she turns 25 today. ;) Wait... I'm 25...hmm..

Here we are post-half marathon 08. I look like death, and thoroughly soaked/sweated out. My fam won super awesome awards for this race. They were at 7, count em SEVEN, locations throughout the race, and kept me from quitting. (worst race to date, yikes!)

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

J said...

Family so great at races! My mom loves coming to my races, and sometimes she even walks/runs them too!

You are not boring! lol Have a good, fun, entertaining weekend!

It is just your luck that this week would have cooler temps! maybe next week will be hot!

Aron said...

YAY morning runs!!! you are doing awesome :)

and YAY for SYTYCD! cant wait now that its really starting :)

Mica said...

Oh man, we are the same runner this week. My legs are SO mad at me and are displaying their displeasure with severe right hamstring tightness/soreness. What are we to do, lady?

Anonymous said...

seven?!! wow, thats dedication AND some quick movin' on their part! :) haha thats impressive!

I had to really think with the SYTYCD acronym - ha, I'm like sex and the...wait..no...uhhh

Jamie said...

Glad to hear the morning runs are working out for you still! Props to you girl!

I am so excited for SYTYCD!!!

X-Country2 said...

Looks like you have a great support system of family and friends. So important!