Friday, June 19, 2009

A Notice of Strike

Dear Jeri,
Good morning (HA! No such thing...just trying to be cordial and all.) I thought we had a deal. Three times a week you were going to drag us out of bed to "beat the heat" for a run. Three times. Two of these mornings would be so early that we actually consider it still "night-time" but what do we know. The third morning, you're soooooooooooooo overly kind as to let us "sleep in," which is bull and you know it. Sleeping in is ... noon... or so. But whatever. Three times a week. Have I mentioned that part yet? Because that was the deal. Now we may just be a couple of appendages and are completely incapable of counting, or thinking for ourselves for that matter, but I could've sworn that today the 4th consecutive day of Operation: I'm an idiot (aka. Morning running, yippee skippy). Let me see....Tuesday early sweat-capade? Check. Wednesday early sweat-induced raccoon eyes? Check. Thursday early too-fast easy run? Check. (Sidenote: I'm beginning to wonder if you have a perspiration problem....I think people are sick of listening to your sweat-stories, find a new angle, puhlease!) Friday 5 miler at 5am? Check and striking.

You may have noticed that we decided to strike very early on in this run. It wasn't your imagination that we felt like we were 150 lbs. a piece. That's penance baby. You wondered why stretching wasn't helping at all. Yup, we're striking.

I say let's just settle this as friend's and lifelong (literally) compadres. Go back to 3 morning's a week, and nobody (and no muscles) get hurt.

Love ya lots,
Your legs.

P.S. You might think that your iPod is going down the tube with all of it's "issues" lately, but really, we've just formed a union. Don't think it's a coincidence that it stopped halfway through the run today.
__________________________________
My running schedule calls for a rest day on Fridays and then a longer, quicker run on Saturdays, and a long run on Sundays. I'm stuck working tomorrow morning at 7am, and have plans to go out of town afterward, so I had to do some schedule rearranging. Which. I. Hate. And apparently my legs aren't too fond of it either. I knew I'd either have to run before work this morning, or tomorrow morning. Friday morning won, because who wants to wake up that early on a Saturday? Not this gal.

My legs, however, were not so enthusiastic about it. They were heavy. They weren't moving. And stretching wasn't helping. Luckily that only last for the first mile-ish, but it's been awhile since my legs have taken THAT long to warm up. I'm guessing it's more because of the 4 consecutive days of running than the getting up early, but whatev. I made it through it, and (minus mile 1) ended up faring just fine. I finished 5 miles in 46:25 for a 9:20 pace. Other than the first mile at 9:50ish, the rest were 9:30-8:30. Take that legs. Jk, I heart you legs.

For Foto Friday I decided to share some pics of my last vacation (sadly over a year ago) to Portland to visit my other BFFF. I pretty much fell in love with Portland and would love to be gutsy and just up and move. Maybe someday. :)

My favorite movie as a kid (and still is, actually)was Goonies, we had to head to the beach to see part of where it was filmed.


Here we are at Ikea post-scavenger hunt. Caught offguard,

but it still looks like a ridiculous uppity catalog modeling shot. Too funny.

Inappropriateness with the handy hearts. Check.

6 comments:

X-Country2 said...

Ha! I love the letter. Especially the ipod part. Go get 'em next week!

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

Can I say, I hate getting up early?? I would revolt if I were your legs too :)

My iPod is CONSTANTLY on strike. Good for you though for doing so well this week, next week will be better!

Jamie said...

too funny. After 4 consecutive days of running you still kicked butt in your 5 miler!

Mica said...

Hey, congratulate your legs for carrying you through the fourth day. You still managed some awesome splits!

Anonymous said...

haha the a.m. runs can be a little rough on the legs/body sometimes ;) hope you're getting enough sleep!

and you should just go ahead and send in that pic to IKEA - it completely captures how you feel after browsing the HUGE showroom, just to see a HUGE warehouse, and find everything you wanted. ahhh!! oh well, at least it's cute stuff ;)

J said...

Great pictures! I have had those mornings, sometimes the 4th day of morning running is a killer! But it will make you stronger and you got the run in so you can take saturday off! Hope you had a good weekend!