When the alarm went off this morning, I wanted to quit being a morning runner. I wanted to quit running altogether, perhaps I even wanted to quit life. THAT'S HOW TIRED I WAS. Luckily, I did none of the above, but I did manage to get in (or get out I should say) some annoyance/crabbiness to the boy before he went to work. I think his super fast getting ready skills may have been aided by me and wanting to get the heck away from me. Who would have thought I'd be so dang irritable at 4:30 am? Oh ya, me. :) Moral of the story is: don't pee on my toilet see. Especially if it's 4:30 am. I think the point was thoroughly drilled home.
Moving on to the run. It was dark out. Like almost scary dark out. It's been overcast/stormy the last couple of days, so on the PERFECT morning to sleep in because it's super dark up until the time your alarm goes off, I was out running. Again, crabbiness. I had an easy 3 miles to do, so I set out with legs of lead. Wow. I felt like I was putting in 8 mm pace but instead was pulling off 10 mm. :s Of course Ms. Temperamental iPod (perhaps she's getting her moodiness by osmosis) quit at 1.5 miles. The run was pretty uneventful other than the fact that I ran insanely slow. 3 miles in 29:38 for a pace of 9:53.
1. Write more. Success. Thanks to this blog. While this might not be too "creative" of writing, it's still putting my thoughts on paper. Since most of my thoughts revolve around running as of late...it works.
2. Play music more. Um... I think I've gotten my guitar out once since Jan. 1. So fail. With a capital F.
3. Continue to read. This will never be a difficult goal for me, however, I am going through less books since I usually spend my lunch hour catching up on your fab blogs. It works pretty well though since there hasn't been too many new books that I've been excited about.
4. Practicing yoga. Eh, we'll give this one a 50/50 right now. I need to remember how great I feel so that I do it more consistently.
5. Run Jeri Run. I think this one is officially knocked out of the park.
6. Live more of a vegetarian-esque lifestyle. Nope. Try again.
7. Cook more. Doing SO WELL with this one. Helps to save money and save calories since you know exactly what's going in your food.