Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 6: Is it still a morning run if I don't wake up at 4:30am?

Heck ya it is. Why would I wake up at 4:30am when I don't have to work til 11am??? Ahh. Thursday. The day I get to "sleep in" until 7:30am. I look forward to you from Tuesday to Wednesday (a really long time) when I'm bitchin' and moanin' about being up before the sun. Thursday morning run, I think I'm in love with you.

AND it was actually warm out at 7:30, it's the darnedest thing sun up=no pants. Er..wait. Minus pants plus shorts. I'm guessing the run would've taken on a whole new meaning sans pants. Anyway, I had a little 3 mile recovery run to do, and plenty of time to do it. I felt like a sprightly young gazelle out there, just springing along the trail, it was the darndest thing. I really thought I was doing a 9:45-10 mm pace because it felt sooooooo easy, but the first mile came in at 9:08. Huh? Mile 2 8:49. K. Mile 3 8:19 (ok so I pushed a little bit the last .25 of the third mile because I felt so dang good). Finished the 3 miles in 26:26 for a pace of 8:46. Good to know that my legs are much happier later in the morning also.

While running and feeling like a champ, I got to thinking about how great it would be to run at 7:30-8am every morning, and that I should just turn "really good" so I could run as my full time job. That would be awesome. Minus the whole working really really hard part. Yikes. Elite status here I come. :)

After my run I still had loads of energy so I rattled off 16 (new pr) pushups. Whipped up some cupcakes, and then did my ab workout while they were baking. Then I did another 15 pushups, because I'm STRONG. Ha. The cupcakes are de.li.cious. I'll have to take a photo to share because, nom. French vanilla cakes with strawberry frosting, me like. I saved a few for me to devour, but the rest are coming to work with me for Friday treat day. Sad.

Oh, I randomly tallied up how much $$ I'm going to be spending on running over the next 6 months for race fees, flight costs, and new shoes: $1175. And that's not including probably an additional $200 that I don't have solid cost info. for yet. Ugh. Being a couch potato is so much cheaper (but not nearly as fun)!!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Congrats on day 6! Look at you be a busy bee this morning. And darn you for mentioning cupcakes. I have been craving one (or 2) all week! Maybe you can mail one to me :)?

J said...

thats a lot of money for running!! I try not to think about how much i spend! lol

I love running a little later in the morning sometimes...it really helps make morning running more fun if you can mix up the times/distances/anything else. Because you are not fully awake until a mile or so into the run, its good to help keep your mind thinking! lol Great job morning rurnner! Its been 2 weeks i think!

Anonymous said...

ha "being a couch potato is so much cheaper" ! Sadly SO TRUE.
congrats on all the morning runs and a Great 3 miles! :) are you doing the Morning "core" challenge too (Every day! planks and push ups, abs if ya want)?? I'm LOVING it! I've never done pushups consistently and the hurt is feelin gooood. ;)

Mica said...

Wow, you were a work-out FIEND today! I am totally impressed.

Cupcakes+ab workouts? You are my hero.

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

GAH I read this earlier this morning when I was "getting ready" for work, i.e lazing around the apt. not running!

I agree about the conflicting font/background issue. I don't want to strain my eyes to read your blog.

Yep! Alesha is running WWR. Woo hoo! I'm so excited! (Still have to get that info for you.)

Unknown said...

Running is not cheap, that's for sure! Mmmmm cupcakes....

Aron said...

wow you are doing great girl. i need to get on the morning train SOON. i miss it but just cant get my butt out of bed lately.