Thursday, January 7, 2010

Year In Review & December in Review

Yes, I realize I'm doing this 1/4 of the way through January, but it still counts, so go with it, or my next post will be your MOM in review.  Jk.  Kinda.

December in Review
Total Miles:  73.2 which is down from 80.1 from last month.  (I promised my legs time off if they got me through Dallas, they deserved it!)
Time spent: 10:47:55
Total Runs: 13 for an average of 5.6 miles/run.
Highest weekly mileage: 11/30/2009 — 12/6/2009: 28.0 Mi 4:15:26
Favorite run: The run where I reached 1,000 for the year.  Gotta love running with a huge grin on your face and accomplishing something you never thought was possible.
Most hardcore run: I couldn't really recall a run in particular, so I had to look back through my log.  I actually titled this one as "The Run From Hell" so I suspect that takes the cake. 5 easy miles in frostbite conditions with partially frozey tears running down my face. I love you SoDak winter!
Favorite Race: Dallas White Rock Half!  Favorite race to date.  I felt good, my legs felt good, it was fun and I had a PR.  What more could you want?  Nada.

2009 In Review
Total Miles:  1,020
Highest weekly mileage: 35.8 (August 24-30)
Highest monthly mileage:  136.6 (August)
Number of shoes:  3 retired, 1 1/2 way there
Number of races: 7 (2 HMs, 5 5ks) and 1 relay
Number of PRs: 6 (2 HMs, 4 5ks, stupid 5k ruined my perfect season!)
Number of  awards:  2, one 5k overall female and one 5k AG
Percentage I have fallen back in love with running:  100
_____________________________________

Tonight I had a speed workout to complete.  Since I'm not "technically" following a schedule, I scanned my fridge door for a speed workout that looked like fun (all of my training programs for 2009 are still hanging up there for now).  I decided on a 1 mile warm up, 1 mile at 7:51 pace, 2 x 800 m. in 3:45 (7:30 pace) and 2 x 400 m. in 1:45 (7:00 pace) with a half mile cool down (with walk breaks after each "sprint."

The warm up mile was a struuuuuugle.  I had all sorts of weird aches and pains, especially in my shins.  I blame the cold.  After I was warmed up, I cranked up the treadmill and away I went!  After the first mile I walked .2, then .15 after the 800's, and .1 after the 400's.  After 2 400's I thought, heck, why not do two more and screw the cool down jog?  Sounds good to me!


Warm up1 Mi9:359:359:35  
Interval1 Mi7:3917:147:39   
Interval0.5 Mi3:4020:547:20   
Interval0.5 Mi3:4124:357:22   
Interval0.25 Mi1:4126:166:44   
Interval0.25 Mi1:3727:536:28   
Interval0.25 Mi1:4129:346:44   
Interval0.25 Mi1:3931:136:36


I ended up with 4 miles in 31:16 for a 7:49 pace (not including the walk breaks for time or distance).  Total speedwork was 3 miles in 21:38 for a 7:13 pace.
I'm sooooo stinkin' tired, but in such a good way.  I have a feeling I might be sleeping like a baby tonight.  Thank goodness!  I haven't slept well since this weekend.  :(  Boo.

And since I keep forgetting to post these:  more pics from Dallas White Rock!


Yes, I am smiling here.  B/c I'm having FUN!

Wish I would've gotten the "raise the roof" memo from the chica behind me. Jerk.


   
And this is where I impress you all by running with one and one-half legs.



Finishing strong (I kind of look fast in this one and it makes me HAPPY!) :)

12 comments:

Zoƫ said...

WOW!!! Great speed workout, Jeri! And LOOK at you in those pics...you look amazing! :) 2010 is going to be your year, girlie.

Jamie said...

Those are some darn good race pics! Great job on the speed workout and excellent work in 09. I have no doubt 2010 is going to be another great year in running for you!

Anonymous said...

I am *thoroughly* impressed with the 1 1/2 leg running! UH, obviously it works ;)

way to round out the year! 1020 miles and 6 PRs!? Not baaaad :)

I still haven't looked at all my totals - OR updated since last week? Dangit.

Glenn Jones said...

What's really striking is in those White Rock photos you don't even look tired. C'mon - did you jump in at mile 12 or something?

Great 2009 Jeri!

Pining for Pinterest said...

Seriously, you are AWESOME!

No Longer Using said...

hahaha 1 1/2 leg running lol. the first two pictures are AWESOME! it looks like everyone sort of parted around you and you are just busting through the crowd!!!!!

great wrap up :) tho i am kinda interested in a your mom in review post hahaha... you crack me up.

HAPPY 2010!!!

Jules said...

Great finish to the year! You are going to keep getting faster and stronger in 2010 :)

Jen Feeny said...

What a great year girl!!! Congrats! Those pics are like the best pics ever!

Glenn Jones said...

Oh - and I missed that Vegas RnR thing becuase I kind of relate that to a Half. Most (like all) of the folks I know who run that race do the HM. (Yeah Glenn. Yeah. Sounds like a good excuse.)

I could never run the Vegas nR. You'd never pry me away from the Poker tables!

Heather said...

Great race picturs - you make that smoking fast PR look effortless!

I'm doing the full in Madison memorial day weekend. I was really tempted to do Green Bay again, but I want to all the MN/WI marathons before I start doing some twice . . .

Unknown said...

FANTABULOUS race pics! You look like the model placed smack in the middle striking a pose.

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Great Year Jeri! Good luck for the upcoming as well.

Wow, someone wh actually has really good ASI race photos! Mine all look like I was mugged at the starting line. Cardiac Arrest by the mid point. Then, post-op heart and lung replacement surgery by the finish. Yeah, never a pretty shot. Yet, my wife always likes them and buys them. Yet, I would never post any of them!