Total Time: 26:03:49 up from 22:32:35 (27:49:32 last April.)
Total Runs: 18 for an average of 9.09 miles/run.
Highest weekly mileage:
|4/4/2011 — 4/10/2011:
Most hardcore run: 7x800 repeats and see below. (I'm still cursing my 20 mile LR in 25-45 mph winds 5 days later... no biggie....)
Favorite Race: The shiny new PR I worked my booty off for at the River Rat Half Marathon.
Bike Miles: 0. Ooops. Again. I did buy a bike pump. WIN! However, I can't figure out how to use it. FAIL. My tri prospects aren't looking so hot... :/
Favorite Jams: Really digging Florence + The Machine, particularly You've Got the Love, Drumming Song, Cosmic Love. Jeremih's Down On Me, Keri Hilson's Pretty Girl Rock, and some old school N'Sync.
Saturday I had my final 20 mile before I started my beloved taper for Fargoooooooooo. Because bullet points are fun, and I did this run a few days ago and my memory is a bit spotty, you get short fun fragments and moments of note from the 3 hours and 14 minutes.
- It was mother effing windy. I noted the heavy late morning/early afternoon winds before I went to bed, PROMISING I would get up early to avoid it, but did I? As if there was any question..... Then I tried to check Sunday's report to find more wind. I started with 25 mph STEADY WINDS. The 35 mph wind gusts quickly changed to 45 mph wind gusts. So help me jesus.
- I wore my marathon race day 'fit. Green under armour shirt my adorable little nephew Harrison got me for Xmas, and my new green Brooks shorts. I wore my green Kinvaras thinking if they worked for 20, I would sport them for race day, however they did not make the cut. A few too many blisters for my liking.
- Gasp. I saw a trio of ex-football player looking boys doing their long run. I know they were going long (that's what she said) because one had a fuel belt and another a handheld. OMG guys they EXIST! If this had been later than 3 miles in to my 20 I would've assumed this was hallucinated.
- At approximately mile 7 I noticed a dog not on a leash being fed a treat from a guy sitting in his car. I kept my eye on the dog to make sure he didn't chase after me, and in my staredown, managed to catch a corner of the sidewalk and go FLYYYYYYYYYING. Dude got out of his car and rushed over to make sure I wasn't dead. Color me embarassed. Luckily I didn't hurt myself.
- You know it's windy when: the wind pushes you UP the hills.
- You know it's windy when: You're giving it your all and you're running an 11 minute pace. There was a point during the final two miles that the wind was so hard that I was running my butt off and my little garmin laughed at me and told me I was running an 11:xx pace. Eff......... you. I then implemented a .05 walk break because I was so mad.
- You know it's windy when: the wind knocks you down. Approximately 1/2 mile from home I was running over a bridge. A huge wind gust came up, throwing me off balance, causing me to catch an uneven wooden slat in the bridge and go FLYYYYYYYYYYYING. Explicatives were shouted. Naturally I fell on my left knee and hip as I did with fall #1. Ouch.
- The good news is that the slower pace caused me to spend some solid time on my feet, and I wasn't exhausted at the end (no idea how this is possible...). Somehow I managed a 9:20 final mile into the insane winds. Another 6.2 ain't no thang..... jk IT TOTALLY IS. :p