Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm alive... I think

I'm back from Houston and neglecting you chaps tremendously.  Don't worry, I'm neglecting running just as much.  Feel free to canoodle with each other in my absence, I deserve it for being negligent in our bloggy relationship.  If it makes you feel better, I'm kicking the boy out of town tonight so I can study.

Upon returning from Houston I was thrust knee deep (twss?) into GRE prep.  Before I left for Houston I realized I needed to take the GRE like....yesterday... to get my scores to my #1 school in time.  So of course I scheduled the test for ten days out.  I put a GRE prep book on hold at my library, and go figure it came in at noon last Wednesday....after my flight left at 10am.

When my flight home was delayed 2 1/2 hours out of Minneapolis, I was really wishing I had some materials to study, but to no avail.  Wednesday morning I awoke to realize that my GRE prep book hold had expired.  I called to my local library, and talked to a librarian who said I should have it "by Thursday or Friday," so of course I explained my procrastination to her and that I NEEDED IT NOW.  To which she replied:  Oh it's a really big book, I doubt you'll get through it by Saturday.


Um..... challenge accepted!


The first thing the book tells you (well technically you have to read it...obvs) is that this isn't the sort of test that can be "crammed for."  Again... challenge accepted.  If there's anything my expensive private school education taught me, it's that I can cram my little booty off.

GRE....bring it on!

P.S.  Let's ignore the fact that I forgot to put on make up this morning for work, so I am very "fresh faced" in my photo.  Nbd.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

GRE is tough. I took it with wanting to go to grad school and then applied to a school that didn't require it.

Jen Feeny said...

Can I just tell you that I seriously clicked over to your page because I was like, "dude where the heck has Jeri been, I hope she's still alive!" LMAO!!! Good luck with the GRE girl, I know you'll rock it because you are uber smart!

Penelope said...

i like your challenges. i can't wait to see what happens with GRE cramming because I'm about to do that in a few months.

Or, just not studying at all. I like that option.

Jordan said...

Good luck! Btw I don't think anyone can see that much of your face in that picture anyway so I think you're safe, but I also don't think you have anything to worry about in the first place.

KovasP said...

Stepping up to the challenge is the hardest part; well, except for recovering from the celebration.

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK MY LOVE!
sending good vibes your way

Dom and Trey said...

I'm confident you'll do fine. I've looked into grad school, but my school of choice does not require GRE scores (since it's an MFA for film) I've decided grad school would be silly for me because in no way would it mean more $$$. It would just mean a bigger ego and debt.

Good luck with your test. Let us know how it goes. And have fun soaking up all that knowledge. I'm cheering for you. Gooooo JerBear!

-dom

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that massive GRE book. I bet you'll rock that test!!

Lucas said...

Of this whole post, the only thing I noticed was the Vegas race bib on your fridge. :)

Glenn Jones said...

Best of luck on your GRE! I remeber that test. Very well....

Anonymous said...

I am always up for a good challenge too! Let me know how it goes. It makes my testing date of late June feel like an eternity!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jer - I hope the GRE went well today!! I'm definitely Not a "Crammer" and would've had a small meltdown. But, you & your private school Ed show them who's who in the GRE study world ;)