Friday, July 8, 2011

Sparklefarts is BACK + Harrison's SoDak Visit

My apologies that the ol’ blog has gotten all sorts of boring since Fargo. To be honest I’ve been in a little bit a lot of bit of a slump. Every time I go out for a run I’m keeping a close “eye” on yet another body part that’s causing me concern…. Hip, knee, IT band, shin, ugggggggggh. My running is boring ergo my blogging is boring.


However, last night we may have turned a corner of sorts. It was raining and thundering as I was wrapping up my evening of work. On my drive home the rain stopped. Jeri: 1 The air was still crazy thick, so I was thankful it was only an “easy paced” run. After icing my shin Wednesday night post-run and Thursday morning, it seemed to be…. Fine. Ok then.

I took off for my run and had no shin pain. Whoo! To be safe, I concentrated like craaaaaaazy on my form. A ways down the bike path I realized I wasn’t having any hip or knee pain either. Hmmm…. And I wasn’t sucking air like normal in the humid conditions.

Sidenote: I have never seen weather like this, so it’s worth noting. The rain had stopped, as I mentioned before, but there was a thick mist from the ground until about 6-8’ in the air. It looked (and felt) like it was raining from the ground up. It. Was. Crazy.

I checked my pace and was shocked at my pace that felt so easy…. Oh hai failed marathon pace! And I was even more shocked when my heart rate was staying low. It was a completely effortless yet strong run and was exactly what I needed as I’m starting my bttw training for my fall half marathons.

I did 5 miles in 45:38 for a pace of 9:09. I did 4x100 pick ups in the final mile at 6:56, 7:00, 6:45, 6:01.

Average HR 156

Glittler/unicorn/sparklefart runs.......... great to have you back!

And this is about 100 years old by now, but on Father’s Day I got to see my adorable little nephew who lives down in Texas. Boohoo. Here are some great photos of our day together.

 

Harrison and Aunt Jeri at the falls.
Cute even when he's being a turd.  Dare I say he gets that from his auntie? ;)

So I was named after my dad (Jerry) and Harrison was named after my dad's dad (Earl Harrison). Neato eh?
Family band practice at the Pavilion science center.

I refused to let him win.... at anything.... all day... Probably paybacks from his dad never letting me win growing up.
If I can't figure out the origami, how is a kid supposed to?!?!?
Butterfly house. H made a new friend.
Can we discuss how tired I look in this pic?  Wow... long day with a 4 year old... you win kid.

And more exciting news:  I just found out on Tuesday that in November Harrison's going to have a little seeeeeeeeeeeeeeester.  YAYZIES!

7 comments:

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

congrats on it all - running, nephew time and soon to have a niece. fun!

Kayla said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Oh Falls Park, somehow I have never been there (I went to college in NW IA) but heard lots about it!

Richelle said...

Yay for spending time with wee ones! Harrison is a cutie, and I'm sure his little sis will be just as adorable.

Susan said...

BABIES!! My brother needs to find a wife so I can have nieces and nephews because I'm clearly not going to pop any out anytime soon. (I have PRs to run!!)

Anonymous said...

Looove when runs feel effortless and great! Hooray for feeling no pain too :) Harrison is adorable :)

Katie said...

sparklefaaaaarts! that is all.

Katie said...

that was not a drunk comment! sprakrlefarrrrrrrts!