Tuesday, September 6, 2011

ZOMG Race Week + MOAR PRETEND MODEL PICZ

ZOMG IT'S RACE WEEK!  Cue intense race nerves immediately.

I had some great race prep this past weekend, starting with my final long run of 12 miles, with the last 3 at race pace.  My overall pace (with the race pace miles) was much lower, running by heart rate, and there were times when I had to slooooooooooooooow myself down.  The three race pace miles were challenging, but the run was SUCH a mental boost.  I definitely needed that after my flopasaurus tempo run.

I did 12 miles in 1:49:25 for a pace of 9:08.  My race pace miles were 8:18, 8:27, 8:23.
Average heart rate:  162.

Saturday Aaron and I took the race route by storm on our bikes.  The route is the same as last year, but that means it's completely different from the previous years due to construction.  It's definitely a lot more challenging, as the first 9 mile are rolling hills (as much as you can call something a hill in SoDak) and then the last 4 miles are pretty pancake flat.  The ride helped me mentally strategize what the plan for race day will be. 
____________________________

I had a surprise waiting in my mailbox last weekend:  A CD with all the images from my "photo shoot" from May!!!  I didn't realize there were more photos than the ones my photog friend Kathryn had posted on facebook.  I seriously LOVE THEM.  If I put in the effort with my looks, at best I think I can pull off cute.  I'm not complaining, good enough for me.  Turns out Kathryn can make you look (and feel) gorgeous, in front of the camera, so that's neat.  Who doesn't like to play pretty pretty princess for the day??































10 comments:

Katie said...

YOU! you're too fancy. pretty!

kimi said...

You so pretty.

Renee said...

Those photos are awesome!

The un-Zen Runner said...

Nerdy glasses and a shirt that reminds me of the scarves at Hogwarts!?

It just ain't right to be that cute!

Jess A @cajunrunnerjess said...

So beautiful and classy!

Glenn Jones said...

Gorgeous pictures. But we need more of the pearly whites. Your smile is so infectious!

Kristin Miller said...

You look awesome!!! Isn't it amazing how a photog friend makes them come alive?! (Hence my profile picture, aka undercover holiday photo for this year, which husband leaked...)

GO GET EM KID! You're going to break the tape on this race.

Anonymous said...

Great photos, my friend! Good luck this weekend!

Marie said...

I'd hit it. =P

Anonymous said...

SOooo cute! Love that hat + scarf + every photo. :)

Go get that race!