Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Weekly Reads: Tao of Martha

This week's weekly read is Jen Lancaster's new book The Tao of Martha.



Pug read (lie).  Pug approved (lie, but if she could read, she'd be enjoying it along with me).

I've loved Jen's books since the "early days" of Bright Lights, Big Ass, Bitter is the New Black, Such a Pretty Fat, and Pretty in Plaid but have to be honest when I say I haven't loved her last two books of true fiction.  For those that are unfamilar with Jen's work, she typically writes really hilarious memoirs.

I put in a purchase suggestion for this title at my library, so when we got it in, Jerbear was the first to check it out!  I flew through the first half last Tuesday and Wednesday and then class started.  And since then, and after the panicking that ensued from all of the reading I have to do (yes, still freaking out, thanks for asking), I've realized I have to put the rest of the book on hold.  WAH.

Current thoughts:  pretty hilar.  A cross between some of her earlier funny stuff and Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project.  If Gretchen Rubin had more of a foul mouth.  :)


Interesting fun fact:  It was Jen Lancaster that convinced me to get twitter a bunch of years ago.  I was a devout follower of her blog, and she posted about this twitter "thing" and said she'd follow people back on there.  And this little bird was formed.  :)

No comments: