Tuesday, October 22, 2013

NaNoWriMo Whoa



A few years back I started to see this crazy NaNoWriMo (or as I liked to refer to it, NannyNannyBooBoo) on the twitterz. I didn't pay much attention to it until Krista participated in 2011.  Here's a blogpost of hers with the intro.  (P.S.  K-bug, please see this as your official fan following of folks requesting that you keep going with this puppy. Kthxbai!)

I was so enamored with her beginnings of a story, that *I* desperately wanted to play along TOO.  Also, I was two months in to a 2 year grad school program with nary a free moment to my name, so clearly I'd want to add something else to my plate. I vowed that my first school-free November I would participate. Flash forward to two months ago when I saw some #nanowrimo twitter rumblings once again and I was reminded:  Hey self. Weren't you supposed to do this??  Yes, self, I am.

It's no major revelation that I LOVE LOVE LOVE a well-crafted story. And occasional even the not so well-crafted stories. I'm obsessed with reading, and books, and being transported to a different time or place because of an author's words. I love to write. When I'm inspired, I love to throw words down on this blog. So am I a writer? Maybe. A blogger? Sure. A novelist? No way, no how. But ask me again at the end of November.

If you're participating too, find me on the NaNoWriMo site (username Jerilee40) and let's keep each other inspired!

No comments: