Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Aramco Houston Half Marathon Training Week 9

This was another week where yoga and the yoga challenge progress took precedence over running. Oops. jk, I won't apologize, it's way more fun lately.

Monday I went to a gentle vinyasa class.


Tuesday I doubled up and went to a power vinyasa class at 5:30am, worked, and then went to a hot yoga class at night.


I hydrated like a champ all day so I didn't faint in hot yoga. Win.


On Friday, I got up at 4:45am on my birthday to go to yoga sculpt (my least favorite class, aka the one that's probably the best for me). The instructor wished me a happy birthday and then announced to everyone during class that they could thank me for the birthday burpees. Update: I'm still sore from this class 48+ hours later. Woof. I also hit my 15th class of the yoga challenge. Wahoo!



I didn't sleep well the night of my birthday, and was still SO SORE on Saturday that I didn't go to my favorite power vinyasa class. :(Sunday I met Emily for hot yoga in the morning. After two classes, I feel like I can say that hot yoga is not my cup of tea. Luckily I only had to attend two to complete the yoga challenge. Check and check.

I went to my final yoga sculpt class for the challenge later in the afternoon. Even though it corresponded with the Packers game. They must've flexed the game time, because my calendar said noon. Grumble grumble. I watched it on delay and it saved me from going to a 5:30am Monday morning class, so it was totally worth it. And it finally loosened up some of my extreme soreness from Friday's yoga sculpt class. Woof. 

No comments: