Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Weekly Training Recap

Tuesday I joined Emily at barre for our somewhat usual class. It was a lot of fun and I'm finally starting to feel strong in the plank series. #progress

Wednesday morning started at 4:45 for me with my first class of the ashtanga series I signed up for. We went through the primary series with some abbreviations for time, and it was an awesome way to start my day. Let's just say this frenchie is way better at this asana than I am.


Wednesday night I hit barre again and it almost killed me. Back to back days PLUS a class taught by Andrea on day 2 will kill most, I think. Woof.

Thursday I skipped my usual sculpt class to let my body rest up for weekend 3 of yoga teacher training, and to enjoy a beer and some cheese balls with Kyle at happy hour. #priorities Or just lazy, not sure which.

Friday morning started off with another crack at the primary series of Ashtanga. It is painful to get up that early, but once we start class, there's no where else I'd rather be at 5:30am than on the mat. 

Friday after work was my first experience with kundalini yoga. If you've never tried it, find a class! It's so different and awesome. I'll share more in my yoga teacher training weekend recap. Way cool.


Saturday we started our yoga teacher training with a power flow based on the five elements. 


Later in the day we did a yin yoga practice as well.

Sunday I spent hours doing and teaching yoga. Seriously. I think there was maybe 90 minutes of non yoga during the day, including lunch. Thank god for vacation and rest days!

No comments: