Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Twin Cities 10 Training Week 6


Week of August 14-20

Monday Planned: General Aerobic 5 miles 
Monday Actual: 5 Miles with Toni in the morning before work. Ran a mile to meet up, 3 miles together and a mile home that fest like it took six years to complete. We ran in the most eerie foggy murder setting type weather EVER. Glad we survived.




Tuesday PlannedGeneral Aerobic + Speed 8 miles 2 sets 6x100 strides
Tuesday Actual: General Aerobic + Speed 8 miles with strides. I think we were 2 short on the strides. My stomach got a little wonky, so we skipped a couple to allow my stomach to chill out a bit. We were treated with the most glorious sunrise, and none of us had our cameras on the run. Fail.





Wednesday Planned: VO2 Max 8 miles 5x1000 @ 3k-5k
Wednesday Actual: 3 miles with the group run, followed by my yoga class, then Toni and I hit the road for some track work. We had a half mile warm up followed by 5x1000m repeats with a quarter of a mile recovery jog in between. Most of mine were closer to 3k pace than 5k pace, and after the run I checked the stats for the last time I did this workout and was shocked to see that my paces were 20-30 SECONDS FASTER than this spring. Wahoo!





Thursday Planned
General Aerobic 4 miles  
Thursday Actual: I opted for a rest day. My legs had a lot of miles on them and I needed a break. Plus I was single-pug-moming it, so it was hard to find time to do it.

Friday Planned: Sanford POWER 
Friday Actual
Sanford POWER + General Aerobic 4 miles. Our final POWER session of this cycle, and now we have three weeks off. Let's all hope on all hopes that I don't get injured in the next 3 weeks, k? After the lift, I went out and ran 4 super easy miles. My legs still felt heavy from the speedwork and the lift so I just got them moving.




Saturday Planned
Endurance 11 miles
Saturday Actual: Rest day. We were going to flip flop our long run and recovery run, but I was so exhausted after work that I wanted to rest instead. So we decided to go longer on the long run day.


Sunday PlannedRecovery 5 miles
Sunday Actual: Endurance 14 miles. Uff. Some crazy lady thought we should go further for our long run since we missed a few miles. I thought that we didn't get a chance to do 14 in our training plan, and last spring I bailed on ours because I felt so terrible. It was so humid. But we made it through and it was a good mental toughness run. At 13.1 miles I realized that I was 3 minutes faster than last year's Sioux Falls half. And that was with a super rough morning. YAY!





Total Mileage Planned: 41 miles

Total Mileage Actual:  39.1 miles

No comments: