Er...wait..... Nevermind... that's a different award I've recently received....
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these Bloggers and tell them about the award!
My Seven Things
1. I rarely eat meat (and was a pescatarian for a few months). I despise the taste of meat, typically. Even when eating chicken I swear I can taste blood. Eew. However, I get INTENSE cravings every blue moon for a cheeseburger. And then I have to have one charred to perfection on the grill. FYI I'm currently in the middle of one of these intense cravings.
2. I don't drink pop. I don't really like it. I was that strange kid who loooooooooooooved water. Weirdo.
3. Before starting up running again about 2 years ago, I was 25-30 pounds heavier than I currently am (slash am at when at my racing weight). Everyone how met me during that time period kind of freaked when I started running again because I lost a lot of weight. It's interesting to me, because the people who have known me forever just saw it as me getting back to my "normal" athletic build.
4. I was a lifeguard for 6 years, but swimming is the part of a tri that I'm most terrified of. I have really good form for the various strokes but my speed is...uh... non-existant. Unless I have to haul booty to save you in a little pool, of course. :)
5. I am an extremely organized messy person. Trust. It's possible. Anything that can be explicitly organized is (ie: movies in alphabetical order, books by author's last name, clothes by clothing type and then by color within each sub category, all facing the same way with the hanger facing the same way.... you know... the usual...). Also, I'm a planner to a T, race plans through 2013? Why not. However, my apartment (as will be mentioned below) is a disaster area. Some things just seem to be a waste of time (read: I'm lazy), such as emptying a dishwasher (I'll just use the plates as I need them!) or putting away clean laundry (I'll just wear them as I need them!). No biggie.
6. I think the reason I was such a good sprinter in high school is that I was boy crazy (cough...still am... cough). I was the fastest girl for most of the Varsity track seasons, so I typically got thrown in with the boys to complete my workouts. Chasing boys? Just hand me my first place medal nowwwwww.
7. If for some reason I don't end up as a children's librarian (in which case I will commence crying one million tears ASAP), life goal #2 is to have a children's book store/coffee shop. I just adore books and kids who love books (and espresso, let's be real) so this would make for an excellent (albeit much more risky) life plan B.
Blog Award Recipients
I'm going to go with some newly added blogs to my reader:
- Krista at Krittabug
- Kelly at Meals For Miles
- Ashley at A Spoonful of Smash
- Shelby at Eat Drink Run
- Sarah at Once Upon a (L)ime
Obviously I had to wear my sweet new IRISHMAN shirt from this weekend. No matter that I wore it for all 3 races and have yet to wash it. Stench of success! My mind tends to wonder while I'm running, especially when I'm sans music, like I was on Tuesday. A random peek in to my thoughts:
- When did Schwann's change it's logo? A truck drove by me and I was all confussled. It's been the same for the last 20+ years. Shocker.
- I love the smell of clean/fresh laundry. Honestly, men, instead of pouring on the cologne, just put on a freshly laundered shirt and I'm yours. Er... I mean... if I was available and all I would totally be yours.... because clearly I'm not interested now... ummm. yup. :)
- There was a 3rd major point and it's escaped me.
And yet another random note, if someone wants to help form a search party at my place I am missing a number of items (not surprising as my apartment is a sty):
- My iPod shuffle*, hence why my run was musicless.
- My normal iPod.* You know, the one I listen to while at work, while in my car, and while in the shower. Hrmph.
- My tax print out. (whatever it's called)
- My Under Armour running briefs. I had to wear volleyball spandex shorts under my tights for Saturdays race. Not happy. Those puppies were spendy!
P.S. Apparently I've met my max for GB for photo's through picasa/blogger. Anyone want to give me dummy instructions on using something else to upload my photos??? jerbearshares [at] gmail [dot] com Thanks I'll love you forever!